Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 17:49   #1

Boat: Nautor Swan57rs
Oze Fridge Multi-Voltage Eutectic Refrigerator

Looking for comments using Oze Fridge. Need to replace condensers to both, fridge and freezer in our First 47.7. The system I am looking at is one of those detecting higher voltage and is suppose to be very efficient.

Cheers
sepeteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 18:12   #2

Boat: Beneteau First 44.7
Re: Oze Fridge multi voltage eutectic refrigerator

Hi I installed an Oze Fridge in my Noelex 30. We also had one installed in the DK46 I have raced on and I intend to install one on my 44.7. They can run on 240 volt shore power or 12 volt battery power. The "smart" voltage detector will turn the unit off when low voltage is detected and keep eutectic solution frozen down to minimum low temperature when a high voltage (ie when battery charging is on) is detected. They can act as either a fridge or freezer depending on the composition of the eutectic solution (antifreeze) I had trouble with my initial installation in the Noelex as I used the original fridge compressor wiring which was not heavy enough and caused a low voltage cutout due to the voltage drop in the wiring. Was rectified by fitting the manufacturer recommended cable run to the compressor. The Oze Fridge personal are very helpfull.
frant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 22:48   #3

Boat: Lagoon 380 #241

I replaced the original Frigoboat engine driven unit with a Ozefridge system on our Lagoon 380. Have to agree that the system is excellent. I did the install myself without much problem at all. It replaced the existing eutectic tank perfectly.

It senses when the shore power is connected & automatically switches to that & also when there is abundant charging (eg motoring & charging) it will force the unit to start cooling. Also has both air & fresh water cooling. I teed off the fresh water feed pipe.

I have some photos of our instal if you need.

Dave
Seabreeze L380 #241
gspeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 00:22   #4

Thank you both, Frant and Dave. Placed my order for 2 units today. Dlivery next week. Dave, would be nice to see your photos installing yours. sjaelektrikal at gmail.com
cheers
Old 08-07-2013, 00:57   #5

Smile Re: Oze Fridge multi voltage eutectic refrigerator

Photos as requested.

The replacement of the old engine driven Frigoboat system meant I could delete so many, many metres of piping, I don't need to run the starboard motor every day for an hour or two, a much more efficient system, peace & quiet, remove the compressor, belts, brackets etc from the engine etc etc. Lots of cold beer

Dave
Seabreeze L380 #241
Old 08-07-2013, 21:18   #6

Boat: Beneteau First 44.7

I thought the cooling water pump was built into the unit and does not require an external pump. I did not use water cooling but used air cooling only, water would be more efficient in a hot climate.
frant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 21:30   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by frant View Post
I thought the cooling water pump was built into the unit and does not require an external pump. I did not use water cooling but used air cooling only, water would be more efficient in a hot climate.
It was definitely supplied with that external pump & all hoses etc. Pretty sure the water pump only turns on when it is needed depending on the temp. of the condensor.

Yep its nice to have the water cooling up here in the tropics.

Dave
Seabreeze L380 #241
Old 10-07-2013, 03:00   #8

Peter from Oze Fridge is supplying the freezer with water pump and the fridge is coming without.
Cheerz

Tags
refrigerator