Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2013, 14:59   #61

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: Grib Enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_alexandra View Post
So, should the fixed arrows be flipped 180 for all cases, (wind swell and current) and the barbed arrows stay the same? I find that both arrows point the same way right now, and this seems correct as the wind barbs also point in the direction the wind is going, so in all cases the arrows point in the direction the data is going.
No, the arrows are OK, as you point out. I meant the numerical value displayed, for currents only.

Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2013, 16:21   #62

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

ah of course.. fixed in git now
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:00   #63

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Branch Sean/grib_enhancements - Grib_pi (grib_enhancements) complied. Copied grib_pi (2 minutes old) from ...opencpn/build/plugins/grib_pi/debug to be just under ..plugins. Then ran MSVC debug. It works. Tried running most of the grib files I had, some current, waves, pressure, wind. Did not try seatemp or clouds.

A few breaks due to timeouts, but just continued. Seemed reasonably stable.
Have compiled a release DLL (should run in windows) and now attach it for others to test and try out. Screen shots to follow. Thanks Sean. It runs very nicely!

Perhaps there is one small control that would be helpful. How to control the intensity of the colored overlay so that we can adjust it to see the underlying wind or current arrows? Maybe I am overlooking something here...
Attached Files
File Type: doc grib_pi.dll.doc (342.0 KB, 94 views)
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2013, 12:07   #64

Here are various screenshots. Currents, Pressure, Wind,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grib-enhanments-screen.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	57686   Click image for larger version

Name:	grib-enhanments-current.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	383.6 KB
ID:	57687  

Name:	grib-enhanments-wind-wave.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	312.4 KB
ID:	57688   Click image for larger version

Name:	grib-enhanments-wind-wave-pressure.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	422.4 KB
ID:	57690  

Name:	grib-enhanments-wind-pressure-2.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	57691   Click image for larger version

Name:	grib-enhanments-scaleout-1.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	57692  

Name:	grib-enhanments-scaled-in-2.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	466.9 KB
ID:	57693  
Old 12-04-2013, 05:28   #65

Here is the most recent which fixes the little bug with the horizontal scroll which obscures reading the current grib file.
Attached Files
File Type: kml grib_pi.dll.kml (406.0 KB, 70 views)
Old 15-04-2013, 04:42   #66

Incorrectly Posted in Wx-Rte thread Post #198
Quote:
Do these work in release mode? All of them work for me. Maybe I need to try with wx2.9 to get the asserts
Using the grib_pi.dll published above, in Opencpn 3.2.0 I get the following:

solent_Whole_Domain.grb Opens, no data field shown, hit play...bombs and removes the plugin by turning off enable.

WW3_DIRSW_HTSGW_Whole_domain.grb.bz2 Opens, no data field shown, hit play...bombs and removes the plugin by turning off enable.

WW3_DIRSW_HTSGW_Whole_domain.grb same

OSCAR-bdc9be2a-CUR-SEATEMP.grb Opens, no data field shown, hit play...bombs and removes the plugin by turning off enable.

Also bbs2010.grb Opens, data field is different than normal, hit play... bombs and removes plugin by turning off enable.

Sean these files are in the Opencpn/Currents-Grib folder that I shared with you.

I have not tested all of these files, but I believe you had them all working in an earlier version, because I tested them before.

I'm going to GIT the current version you have available and try it in both Debug and Release.
Old 15-04-2013, 06:59   #67

Okay, I done've GIT FETCH and GIT PULL with for grib_enhancements. Compiled, copied wx-rte and grib to plugins.

In Debug mode I had a number of breaks with various files listed. Call Stack is copied.

In Release mode using Opencpn 3.2.0 the Grib plugin was stopped immediately and had to be re-enabled when I tried playing or step frame solent_Whole_Domain.grb and WW3_DIRSW_HTSGW_Whole_domain.grb.bz2

The other files seemed not to do anything, but I noticed that the Date drop down only shows one date, not a series of dates!! I could generally select to try another file, unless it failed completely as abbove.

I don't think the grib plugin is handling a slightly different date and time format as it has in the past.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Grib-Breaks-1.doc (14.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: doc Grib-Breaks-2.doc (10.4 KB, 53 views)
File Type: doc Grib-Breaks-3.doc (5.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 15-04-2013, 07:24   #68

I have updated the enhanced grib_pi.dl , weather_routing_pi.dll and opencpn.exe for weatherrouting, based opon a git fetch and git pull from sean's website.

Quote:
Okay, I'm going to post the link in hopes that it will work for the majority, keep in mind that Nortan may complain and remove the file. You should do what you think best. Perhaps we'll find a better way later if this proves to be a problem.

Click here and you'll see the files. Then click on each file and download it.

Let me know if there are problems.
Sean I think I can fit into your schedule, lets hope we get some other guys testing this pronto!
From Post #114 the files at this location have been updated.

NOTE: The grib_pi.dll will work standalone with Opencpn 3.2.0 and others, however weather_routing_pi, requires a special version of Opencpn, which is in the opencpn.zip (opencpn.exe) along with creation of a plugins/weather_routing/data/ directory that contains weatherroutingInformation.html file and the grib-pi.dll in this download.
Old 15-04-2013, 19:00   #69

I think the problem is those files only have one date which was the source of some bugs. So I think I need to disable the play and step buttons in this case. Maybe even hide the play and slider timeline
Old 15-04-2013, 19:13   #70

Sean, I am not sure those files have one date. I had the impression that at least some of them had multiple dates / times. Can you determine that somehow?
Old 15-04-2013, 20:07   #71

I fixed a lot of timeline issues, the plugin should work much better now
Old 16-04-2013, 04:44   #72

Sean, GIT grib_enhancements branch and weather_routing_pi and built OK.
Started Debugging, Enable plugins, then Select Grib plugiin, with no Grib data no Play,
When select small wind multi frame grib it works fine, play etc.

However there is a problem with Pressure Isobars and having the right setting for that. When you select a grib which has Pressure AND you have the Pressure Isobar checked under Pressure AND the Isobar Spacing is tooo small, the computer gets overwhelmed, fans speed up, cpu use increases, and the Building Isobar popup can remain up running. (It would be nice to be able to shut that down by Canceling in the upper right X box with a mouse click (everything gets very sloooow and unresponsive) so that the Isobars are discontinued when this happens. --Somehow I had Isobars set at 10 instead of a larger number like 500 (probably a change from millibars to inches or something).

Now I think I understand the problem... I had it set for Inches, where did the inches setting go? Now only mmHG and millibars mercury..

After messing around some more with Pressure Units, perhaps I had it set on Millibars at 10 and somehow it got changed to mmHG causing the problem.

Is there a way to adjust the size of the Numbers and the Number spacing in Pressure, they seem to be two different things with double number overlays!!
Checking numbers causes another overlay of numbers.

- No, now I think the "Numbers" check is for a grid of numbers not associated with isobars.

- So now I think it would be helpful to have two other settings for Isobars - size of numbers and spacing of numbers. Or perhaps there is someplace to set these?
Old 16-04-2013, 05:22   #73

No place to set those I didn't implement most of the millions of possible options. Source is open...

Anyway.. yeah.. it should let you cancel isobar generation if it is taking forever. Also I could probably optimize the isobar routine to run about 20 times faster.. but I'm doing other stuff.
Old 16-04-2013, 05:51   #74

I didn't check alll the files that were giving trouble. Some of ones that were a problem are now shown as single frame with Play button greyed out. --Are you sure that these only have a single frame?

Other ones still break, but I don't have to re Enable the plugin, I just have to Browse to the Grib directory again. I don't know what the problem with these files is, perhaps a different format, or perhaps they a badly formed? I will try them in several other grib viewers to find out.

Anyway here are some of them from the Grib-Current folder. Did not check them all.

Pesksy
solent_Whole_Domain.grb.bz2

Code:
KernelBase.dll!75383219()     
     [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for KernelBase.dll]    
>    wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxTrap()  Line 678    C++
     277a5901()
WW3_DIRSW_HTSGW_Whole_domain.grb.bz2

Code:
     [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for KernelBase.dll]    
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!DoShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msg)  Line 753    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppTraitsBase::ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msgOriginal)  Line 557 + 0x9 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxGUIAppTraitsBase::ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msg)  Line 635    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!ShowAssertDialog(const wchar_t * szFile, int nLine, const wchar_t * szFunc, const wchar_t * szCond, const wchar_t * szMsg, wxAppTraits * traits)  Line 836 + 0x11 bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsole::OnAssertFailure(const wchar_t * file, int line, const wchar_t * func, const wchar_t * cond, const wchar_t * msg)  Line 445 + 0x22 bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxOnAssert(const wchar_t * szFile, int nLine, const char * szFunc, const wchar_t * szCond, const wchar_t * szMsg)  Line 713    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxDateTime::Subtract(const wxDateTime & datetime)  Line 1869 + 0x3e bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxDateTime::operator-(const wxDateTime & dt2)  Line 1876 + 0x10 bytes    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::TimelineChanged(bool sync)  Line 829 + 0x13 bytes    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::SelectGribRecordSet(GribRecordSet * pGribRecordSet)  Line 1011    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::DisplayDataGRS()  Line 995    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::OpenFile()  Line 191    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::OnOpenFile(wxCommandEvent & event)  Line 929    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsole::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler * handler, void (wxEvent &)* func, wxEvent & event)  Line 323    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatches(const wxEventTableEntryBase & entry, wxEvtHandler * handler, wxEvent & event)  Line 1241    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable(wxEvent & event)  Line 1421 + 0x11 bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent & event)  Line 1297 + 0x15 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxControl::ProcessCommand(wxCommandEvent & event)  Line 335    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxButton::SendClickEvent()  Line 476 + 0xc bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxButton::MSWCommand(unsigned int param, unsigned short __formal)  Line 505 + 0x8 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::HandleCommand(unsigned short id, unsigned short cmd, void * control)  Line 5007 + 0x1a bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWWindowProc(unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 2924 + 0x22 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxDialog::MSWWindowProc(unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 494 + 0x14 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWndProc(HWND__ * hWnd, unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 2618 + 0x1c bytes    C++
     user32.dll!74dc62fa()     
     user32.dll!74dc6d3a()     
     user32.dll!74dc6ce9()     
     user32.dll!74dc965e()     
     user32.dll!74dc96c5()     
     comctl32.dll!72774601()     
     comctl32.dll!72774663()     
     comctl32.dll!7277a6dd()     
     user32.dll!74dd1356()     
     comctl32.dll!7277a527()     
     comctl32.dll!7277a4de()     
     comctl32.dll!726fc15e()     
     comctl32.dll!726fbf5f()     
     user32.dll!74dc62fa()     
     user32.dll!74dc6d91()     
     user32.dll!74dc6de8()     
     user32.dll!74dc77c4()     
     user32.dll!74dc788a()     
     user32.dll!74dec81f()     
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWProcessMessage(tagMSG * pMsg)  Line 2407 + 0x13 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoop::PreProcessMessage(tagMSG * msg)  Line 175 + 0x14 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoop::ProcessMessage(tagMSG * msg)  Line 74 + 0x11 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoop::Dispatch()  Line 294    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoopManual::Run()  Line 115 + 0xd bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxAppBase::MainLoop()  Line 312 + 0x15 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxAppBase::OnRun()  Line 368    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEntryReal(int & argc, wchar_t * * argv)  Line 448 + 0x1b bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEntry(int & argc, wchar_t * * argv)  Line 209 + 0xd bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEntry(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, int nCmdShow)  Line 386 + 0xe bytes    C++
     opencpn.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance, char * lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)  Line 717 + 0x1c bytes    C++
     opencpn.exe!__tmainCRTStartup()  Line 547 + 0x2c bytes    C
     opencpn.exe!WinMainCRTStartup()  Line 371    C
     kernel32.dll!747a33aa()     
     ntdll.dll!76ed9ef2()     
     ntdll.dll!76ed9ec5()
NCOM_U_V_SSH_Whole_domain

Code:

wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!DoShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msg)  Line 753    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppTraitsBase::ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msgOriginal)  Line 557 + 0x9 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxGUIAppTraitsBase::ShowAssertDialog(const wxString & msg)  Line 635    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!ShowAssertDialog(const wchar_t * szFile, int nLine, const wchar_t * szFunc, const wchar_t * szCond, const wchar_t * szMsg, wxAppTraits * traits)  Line 836 + 0x11 bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsole::OnAssertFailure(const wchar_t * file, int line, const wchar_t * func, const wchar_t * cond, const wchar_t * msg)  Line 445 + 0x22 bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxOnAssert(const wchar_t * szFile, int nLine, const char * szFunc, const wchar_t * szCond, const wchar_t * szMsg)  Line 713    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxDateTime::Subtract(const wxDateTime & datetime)  Line 1869 + 0x3e bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxDateTime::operator-(const wxDateTime & dt2)  Line 1876 + 0x10 bytes    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::TimelineChanged(bool sync)  Line 829 + 0x13 bytes    C++
     grib_pi.dll!GRIBUIDialog::SelectGribRecordSet(GribRecordSet * pGribRecordSet)  Line 1011    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxAppConsole::HandleEvent(wxEvtHandler * handler, void (wxEvent &)* func, wxEvent & event)  Line 323    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEventIfMatches(const wxEventTableEntryBase & entry, wxEvtHandler * handler, wxEvent & event)  Line 1241    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::SearchDynamicEventTable(wxEvent & event)  Line 1421 + 0x11 bytes    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEvtHandler::ProcessEvent(wxEvent & event)  Line 1297 + 0x15 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxControl::ProcessCommand(wxCommandEvent & event)  Line 335    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxButton::SendClickEvent()  Line 476 + 0xc bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxButton::MSWCommand(unsigned int param, unsigned short __formal)  Line 505 + 0x8 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::HandleCommand(unsigned short id, unsigned short cmd, void * control)  Line 5007 + 0x1a bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWWindowProc(unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 2924 + 0x22 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxDialog::MSWWindowProc(unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 494 + 0x14 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWndProc(HWND__ * hWnd, unsigned int message, unsigned int wParam, long lParam)  Line 2618 + 0x1c bytes    C++
     user32.dll!74dc62fa()     
     user32.dll!74dc6d3a()     
     user32.dll!74dc6ce9()     
     user32.dll!74dc965e()     
     user32.dll!74dc96c5()     
     comctl32.dll!72774601()     
     comctl32.dll!72774663()     
     comctl32.dll!726fc31d()     
     comctl32.dll!726fc26a()     
     user32.dll!74deec9d()     
     comctl32.dll!7277a791()     
     comctl32.dll!7277a73e()     
     comctl32.dll!726fc15e()     
     uxtheme.dll!71a77055()     
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEntry(int & argc, wchar_t * * argv)  Line 209 + 0xd bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEntry(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, HINSTANCE__ * __formal, int nCmdShow)  Line 386 + 0xe bytes    C++
     opencpn.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInstance, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance, char * lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)  Line 717 + 0x1c bytes    C++
     kernel32.dll!747a33aa()     
     ntdll.dll!76ed9ef2()     
     ntdll.dll!76ed9ec5()
JPL_SST_Whole_Domain.grb.bz2

Code:
     user32.dll!74dc62fa()     
     user32.dll!74dc6d3a()     
     user32.dll!74dc965e()     
     user32.dll!74dc96c5()     
     user32.dll!74dc7f63()     
     user32.dll!74dec81f()     
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxWindow::MSWProcessMessage(tagMSG * pMsg)  Line 2407 + 0x13 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoop::PreProcessMessage(tagMSG * msg)  Line 175 + 0x14 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoop::ProcessMessage(tagMSG * msg)  Line 74 + 0x11 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoop::Dispatch()  Line 294    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxEventLoopManual::Run()  Line 115 + 0xd bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxAppBase::MainLoop()  Line 312 + 0x15 bytes    C++
     wxmsw28ud_core_vc_custom.dll!wxAppBase::OnRun()  Line 368    C++
     wxbase28ud_vc_custom.dll!wxEntryReal(int & argc, wchar_t * * argv)  Line 448 + 0x1b bytes    C++
     kernel32.dll!747a33aa()     
     ntdll.dll!76ed9ef2()     
     ntdll.dll!76ed9ec5()
Old 16-04-2013, 05:59   #75

Sean has updated Grib_Enhancements here.

Click here and you'll see the files. Then click on each file and download it.