Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2016, 19:55   #166

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Hydrographic Survey Plugin

Thanks Mike. No rush just sometime would be nice.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 17:56   #167

Just getting back to testing this plugin that I'm quite excited about however when I try to install it under W 10 on OCPN 4.2 from the version on the OCPN file thingie it never appears in the Plugins so I can't enable it.

I think I followed the instructions. Copied the three files over etc..

Any ideas?

Chris
--
Tweed's World | A high latitude sailor preparing for tropical cruising
Littlechay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 18:18   #168

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

That plugin may just work with Opencpn 4.2.1. We will have to see what Mike says about 4.2.0
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 20:34   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
That plugin may just work with Opencpn 4.2.1. We will have to see what Mike says about 4.2.0
Hmmm OK. It was just about working before. Then I did a clean install to get rid of all the junk that I had left over from previous versions and betas. After that no appearance in the Plugins. I guess one of the old original dlls from an earlier version of Survey may be required.

I guess 4.2.1 is only available if you compile yourself? I have basically no internet access at the moment so no chance of learning the GIT stuff until sometime second half of JUne.

Chris
--
Tweed's World | A high latitude sailor preparing for tropical cruising
Old 19-04-2016, 22:37   #170

Boat: 10.50 mètres

hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechay View Post
Hmmm OK. It was just about working before. Then I did a clean install to get rid of all the junk that I had left over from previous versions and betas. After that no appearance in the Plugins. I guess one of the old original dlls from an earlier version of Survey may be required.
I guess 4.2.1 is only available if you compile yourself? I have basically no internet access at the moment so no chance of learning the GIT stuff until sometime second half of JUne.
Have you download 4.0 version or 4.2 version ? Only 4.2 version with OpenCPN 4.2.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2016, 23:34   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
hello,

Have you download 4.0 version or 4.2 version ? Only 4.2 version with OpenCPN 4.2.
Well. There is no survey plugin in the 4.2 folder on the file thingie so I grabbed the one that seemed most recent. I have just found one in the uploads folder and am downloading that, but it may take some time !

Old 20-04-2016, 00:02   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlechay View Post
Well. There is no survey plugin in the 4.2 folder on the file thingie so I grabbed the one that seemed most recent. I have just found one in the uploads folder and am downloading that, but it may take some time !

Foiled that was the build files. I was looking for a ready to run compiled PI.

Ahh well.
Old 20-04-2016, 00:29   #173

I will post a compiled version of survey_pi for 4.2/4.2.1 on GitHub Releases later today and make it easier to download the additional dll needed to make the plugin work.

Mike
Rasbats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 12:33   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasbats View Post
I will post a compiled version of survey_pi for 4.2/4.2.1 on GitHub Releases later today and make it easier to download the additional dll needed to make the plugin work.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

Could you post a link here when you have done it. I can't find anything relevant or recent on GitHub it all seems to be years old.
Old 20-04-2016, 14:15   #175

GitHub has been updated.

https://github.com/Rasbats/survey_pi/releases holds the Windows plugin for OpenCPN 4.2/4.2.1: survey_pi.dll. There are also some test files there.

Please read all the notes. You need freexl.dll, geos_c.dll and proj.dll in your main OpenCPN program folder. These three files can be found in 'Releases'.

(iconv.dll is no longer needed as it is now part of the OpenCPN 4.2/4.2.1 installation)

Please let me know if you find any problems. This is a very early beta (despite the version number!).

Mike
Old 20-04-2016, 17:42   #176

Quote:
GitHub has been updated.

https://github.com/Rasbats/survey_pi/releases holds the Windows plugin for OpenCPN 4.2/4.2.1: survey_pi.dll. There are also some test files there.
Hi Mike,

Thanks. I have grabbed the files but the plugin still does not appear in the OCPN. I have deleted the INI file and restarted.

In the log file there is no sign of survey_pi. I did a text search for survey in case I was going blind but when OCPN loads the plugins it is not seeing survey for some reason.

Chris
Old 20-04-2016, 21:50   #177

Chris,

On my non-development pc (Win XP) I have just downloaded freexl.dll, geos_c.dll and proj.dll and copied them to the main OpenCPN program folder, the one containing opencpn.exe. Survey_pi.dll has been downloaded from 'Releases' and placed in the plugins folder. As a test I imported 'tamar.gmp'. Small problem - I needed to make another survey and reload the first to get the soundings to show.

There may be files on this pc that are making it work for me. Intend trying on another machine later this morning.

What version of Windows are you running?

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	325.6 KB
ID:	122927  
Old 20-04-2016, 23:12   #178

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Mike,
Quote:
Chris,

On my non-development pc (Win XP) I have just downloaded freexl.dll, geos_c.dll and proj.dll and copied them to the main OpenCPN program folder, the one containing opencpn.exe. Survey_pi.dll has been downloaded from 'Releases' and placed in the plugins folder. ....
Mike
With O 4.2. I place correctly the 3 dll and then the plugin dll. The plugin appear correctly. I "active" it. Then I open "Preferences" and then I try to shut "Preferences. Then crash.
If I run this plugin without open preferences, no problem.

It seem that you can enlarge the plugin windows. I cannot ...???
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 23:42   #179

Unable to reproduce this problem here on Win XP/8.1. I will do some testing with Win 10 on another machine later today.

Mike
Old 20-04-2016, 23:54   #180

Quote:
There may be files on this pc that are making it work for me. Intend trying on another machine later this morning.

Mike
MIke,

I'm running Windows 10

I suspect the "other files" issue. As a previous version of the plugin that I had was more or less working. I had a few funnies in OCPN and suspected that there was a load of crap left over from previous beta testing etc..

Therefore I did a complete uninstall deleted the OCPN folders in Program files and Program data and did a completely fresh install. Since then I can't get Survey to appear in the Plugins tab of settings, let alone give it a test run !

I think in previous versions of survey there were dlls and libs to copy over. One of those is required perhaps?

Cheers
Chris

Tags
survey