Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 08:40   #1

Seeking Female Crew Member for winter cruise

Leaving Mobile Bay, Alabama in November of 2015. Traveling on a 33' Irwin with all coast guard required safety gear. Equipped with solar power to sustain while underway. GPS, Vhf, Autohelm. Room for two other crew. First leg of journey will take us to Venice Fl. and then to keys where we wait for good weathr to cross into bahamas. Cruise from there taking our sweet time to the Turks, then to puerto rico and wait again for good weather to cross to USVI. and beyond. Cost is on a shared basis equally among crew and captain. Provisions will be minimalist in nature and eat what we harvest from the sea.There is no schedule where ever, when ever.. Let me Know If you are interested.
Old 26-08-2015, 12:04   #2

Re: Seeking Female Crew Member for winter cruise

Hi;
Inexperienced but motivated to learn. 45 yo female. I live near Destin/Pensacola area. I am hoping to get a boat in the next few years and want to practice skills and living aboard. I scuba dive and am a strong athletic person. Let me know what your plans are.
Susan
Old 15-09-2015, 12:30   #3

Hi! I'm very interested. 25 yo female, athletic and some sailing experience. I live in New York but am willing to travel. Let me know if you still need someone!

cheers
Sarah
Old 15-09-2015, 13:09   #4

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 48

Be careful girls - Safety first.
Old 18-09-2015, 17:23   #5

why female crew? many red flags in this post
Old 19-09-2015, 01:55   #6
Armchair Bucketeer

IME most women capable of spotting Red flags.

Some may even welcome the chance to hook up with a fella on a boat with a view to "more" than simply sailing.

How far removed hopping on a boat with a fella is from hitchhiking is entirely up to the person (female or male!) to organise.

Sent from my NEXUS 5 whilst sitting in my armchair tied to the dock.
Old 19-09-2015, 08:26   #7

Why only female, well I'm a single male heterosexual who enjoys seeing the world from a boat. I've been crew with all male crew and mixed sex crew as well. Now on my own boat I want to share the experience with a like minded women whom if there becomes a Mutual attraction so be it. Otherwise no othe r intentions exist.
Currently the process is safeguarded, if some one wants to meet I recommend they bring a friend. Then we go over experience, expectations, preparations to join as crew and have a crew exit plan at each port in case cruising is not for that crew member. I agree their needs to be safeguards in place for everyone involved.

Regards
b
Old 19-09-2015, 09:25   #8

I was actually just assuming there was already another woman on the boat and he was just trying to keep the genders even for balance.
Old 19-09-2015, 11:49   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talelajo View Post
why female crew? many red flags in this post
I find all these crew ads as a bit odd...no offense...... Stranger meets stranger and sails off into sunset, up close and personal in tiny boat for months on end.

Evidently must work for some.....I could never do it, HOWEVER, if I was an unattached single guy with a boat, I see nothing wrong with advertising for female crew...much rather sail in the company of females than some strange, hairy, smelly dude....no way, uh uh brother.

Tags
crew, cruise, member