Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 03:16   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Trampoline Sizes

Does anyone have the correct measurements for the tramps on a Lagoon 420 and/or any recommendations regarding the material used for construction and any recommendation on where to purchase for Australia.
peterwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 14:18   #2

Re: Trampoline Sizes

I recently bought a 13 X 13 mm polyester net for my L400. Original equip is 30 X 30 mm but I find my toes get tangled. I really like the reinforced vinyl materials ( Ferrari and other brands ) as they are very comfortable to walk or lay on but went with the net as it is allows water and air to pass through much easier; a must for rough weather sailing.
My original net is nearly 5 years old and still ok but I wanted a spare. The new net is made of the same type of net, only finer mesh so should last as long in the sun.

I got some utterly rediculous quotes from local marine trimmers. So sent dimensions of the deck cutout and bought from France Trampoline ( contact@france-trampoline.com ).
Great service, their website is informative, they speak English if you ring them, quality equal to OEM net and much cheaper than local even if freight is added. (I got mine sent to a friend's address in France whom I visited and brought it back as luggage.)
I haven't fitted the new net yet, but it seems to be the same size as original and is nicely reinforced and trimmed around the edges.
tuskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:08   #3

Boat: Lagoon 400

We just replaced ours with a 20 mm Nylon net from Haverfords in Sydney they also have polyester. I just followed the original installation, have a few blisters getting it taut but net is fantastic. The net is black which I prefer to the original white net we can see dolphins etc better though it.
I can't help with measurements for the 420,
but anyone with a L400 I have measurements and a few notes happy to share.
Old 11-01-2016, 14:32   #4

Boat: Lagoon 420

Thank You Katsumi. Your advice to use Haverfords was spot on. Two new tramps for under $200 and a couple hours of not unpleasant weaving and tensioning.
peterwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:24   #5

Boat: L 450

check this out

Filets de trampoline pour Lagoon - Sailmaker Online
Darksyde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ramp, size