Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01   #1

Boat: JIm Brown Searunner 40'
Searunner

Moon Dog needs a new home. Of all of Jim Brown Designs the RF 45 is the most unusual. designed for his long time friend Jo Hudson who did all of Jim's cartoons. Moon Dog is the center of the Zachery Bone story and looks it with the raised pilot house. Only two RF45's were made, the other Bamboo died a slow death in Puerto Vallarta in 2005 . Moon Dog is berthed at Napa Marina, Kirby at 707-252-8011. hull is sound, mast ready to raise and isusu diesel should run. Moon Dog has done two trips to the South Pacific in her day. was built with epoxy by Jo. Some rot in places, need to understand the simple construction. Probably will sell for under 20k.. I would take it on if I didn't already have a Searunner 40. Great live aboard here in SF right before the America's Cup. sorry no photos, call Kirby.
Doggone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 19:41   #2

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS
Re: Searunner

Doggone, who was the builder of your 40? And what was its original name?
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:35   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
Doggone, who was the builder of your 40? And what was its original name?
Hi Roy, I bought the hulls unfinished (no decks) from Napa Marina in '98. Launched new in '99. We sailed to Mexico in '01 returning to SF in '06. This is my third Searunner. My wife and I did the South Pacific 86-91 on our 37' Searunner "Tiva" which was launched in the 70's as "Sabado Tarde". I also had a 31' Searunner. I posted current photos of Doggone on my profile yesterday. Jim Brown was on our boat this Sept. in Sausalito when he was out west. He sure looks great. Long live Searunners.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:53   #4

Very cool, Doggone!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:56   #5

Pictures haven't posted yet. I'm excited to see them. Thanks!
Old 18-10-2013, 16:47   #6

Doggone:
I'm going to go have a look at Moondog--but kirby says she's been sitting at the dock for 10 years, and in one of the diesel pics I saw fuel lines unhooked & not covered. Definitely not going to start/run that way! Name's Franz, been around multis all my life. First girlfriend's dad was bill noller in San diego (my dad was the master ship fitter at Mauricio & Sons custom boatbuilding & repair---Nielsen Beaumont yard now.) Bill built several multihulls including NIRVANA, a 70' proa WEST system still afloat in America's Cup anchorage/Moorage by Shelter Island. Big yellow banana. Big FUN yellow banana to a teenager!
franzship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 17:56   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, franzship.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 19:44   #8

Gordmay, I saw the quote at the page bottom; my Dad once asked me a rhetorical question: why is it some people always have time to do a job over buy never have the time to do it right the first time? Then he continued, "it's a waste of everyone's time, effort, and money. Would have been better for all if they had just let it be."
franzship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2013, 20:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzship View Post
Doggone:
I'm going to go have a look at Moondog--but kirby says she's been sitting at the dock for 10 years, and in one of the diesel pics I saw fuel lines unhooked & not covered. Definitely not going to start/run that way! Name's Franz, been around multis all my life. First girlfriend's dad was bill noller in San diego (my dad was the master ship fitter at Mauricio & Sons custom boatbuilding & repair---Nielsen Beaumont yard now.) Bill built several multihulls including NIRVANA, a 70' proa WEST system still afloat in America's Cup anchorage/Moorage by Shelter Island. Big yellow banana. Big FUN yellow banana to a teenager!
Moon Dog needs to go now, please email me at svdoggone@hotmail.com I anchored next to a big proa in Shelter island in 1978-79 . Quite a swing she commanded.