Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-01-2023, 17:30   #1

Boat: Hunter Passage CC 42
Hunter 42 CC Passage anchor mess

I purchased (mistake?) a very used and poorly maintained Hunter 42 CC Passage, vintage 1993. When reviewing this boat, I did not pay much attention to the anchoring setup (definitely a mistake). Now that I have to use it, I consider it a mess.

Here's a photo showing the windlass:

When raising the anchor, the rhode and chain cannot drop quickly enough into the locker, so it invariably winds up and binds the windlass capstan. Awful!

I need to convert this arrangement into one that will provide single-handing features... anchor drop and raise by the same windlass, and from the cockpit ideally.

I'm hoping someone with this same arrangement reads this and might offer some ideas. Maybe this arrangement is supposed to work? Maybe I'm not using it properly?

Thanks for any help!

/mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-29-2023 20-19-06.jpg
Views:	1456
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	270794  
K1MGY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, hunter, passage