Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2023, 11:00   #1

Some questions regarding Jeanneau Leader 8

I have a few questions regarding my Leader 8 (2014) – Jeanneau FR-SPBTS258G314

1. Regarding the toilet. I have a mechanical toilet (photo attached). I would like to replace it with an electronic toilet (maybe with Mercator). What exactly I should be looking for when buying, keeping in mind the space behind the toilet and measurements of the drainage pipes and finally the waste system altogether?

2. How does this mechanical toilet work exactly? I acquired a boat a few weeks ago and still have not figured it out, when I pump waste from the toilet it goes "somewhere” but after a while, it comes back into the toilet and almost overspills from the toilet bowl. The valve for discharge into the sea is open but still, it does not go into the sea. (attached)

3. Is it possible to obtain a Service manual (spare parts) since I am located in Montenegro and the only option to order parts is via serial numbers since you don’t have a dealership in Montenegro so it would be much easier for me to get the parts this way?

4. Most importantly, regarding battery breakers, can you please elaborate on all switches? Since on the first switch (Board and Domestic – Photo attached) when I press the switch the “domestic” turns to red, but “board” is always green (stays in green whatever I do). While the rest of the switches are changing from green (on) to red (off) when pressed. Please explain to me in detail the function of the breakers so I know which breaker is for which battery and explain to me if you can why is “Board” always in green.

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	283819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valve for dishcarge.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	283820  

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery breakers.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	283821  
rebekic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 11:29   #2

Boat: Oyster 435
Re: Some questions regarding Jeanneau Leader 8

The Jabsco toilet Operation & Installation Manual is available on line. Read and understant the manual, becuase it's important. I'd suggest you consider purchasing a copy of "Peggy Halls" book on marine toilets. There are serveral electric toilets that will fit in your location. You'll have to do the legwork to find which one is best for your application. All (to my knowledge) masserate the contents of the toilet before going to the holding tank or overboard. I installed a Tecma and was happy with it, although each installation is different. I can't help with the electrical question, but suggest you search for a Jeanneau 8 owners group. Good luck and best wishes on your new boat.
Tsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2023, 14:18   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

[QUOTE=rebekic;3845920]
2. How does this mechanical toilet work exactly? I acquired a boat a few weeks ago and still have not figured it out, when I pump waste from the toilet it goes "somewhere” but after a while, it comes back into the toilet and almost overspills from the toilet bowl. The valve for discharge into the sea is open but still, it does not go into the sea. (attached)

3. Is it possible to obtain a Service manual (spare parts) since I am located in Montenegro and the only option to order parts is via serial numbers since you don’t have a dealership in Montenegro so it would be much easier for me to get the parts this way?

2. Follow the hose from the overboard discharge valve and you will probably find a Y-valve that is directing waste into a holding tank which you may have overfilled. This is a possible cause of the toilet backing up. Is it legal to dump overboard where you are located ?

3. You don't say what brand of toilet you have but most brands have online manuals available.
Old 27-11-2023, 15:45   #4

Thanks for answer, I am located in Montenegro, it is allowed i think 5km off the coast. I will try to locate Y valve (you are right! manual states this as well but it is not in the place where they stated). In any case any advice is more then welcome. Regarding toilet i am not sure whicj brand but i will try to find out via dry marina staff in the next few days. Thanks for info so far.

edit: Jabsco is a toilet brand
Old 27-11-2023, 15:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuru View Post
The Jabsco toilet Operation & Installation Manual is available on line. Read and understant the manual, becuase it's important. I'd suggest you consider purchasing a copy of "Peggy Halls" book on marine toilets. There are serveral electric toilets that will fit in your location. You'll have to do the legwork to find which one is best for your application. All (to my knowledge) masserate the contents of the toilet before going to the holding tank or overboard. I installed a Tecma and was happy with it, although each installation is different. I can't help with the electrical question, but suggest you search for a Jeanneau 8 owners group. Good luck and best wishes on your new boat.

Just noticed the brand oof the toilet on the photo thanks to you. I will locate my toilet and seee the measures so i can find appropriate one. Thank you

This is schematics from my manual
https://imgur.com/a/b8YGsfq

Tags
jeanneau