Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2007, 16:04   #1

Boat: Beneteau 473
Bareboat in Med

I am sailing my boat to the MED, somewhere in Spain, early 2010 then leaving the boat and returning home to work for about 10 months or so. I am thinking about offering the boat up as a bareboat charter during that time. Has anyone done this or heard of it being done? Any guidance or opinions would be welcome.
SilentOption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2007, 20:49   #2

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Yes we've a pal who charters his yacht out of Denia and it took him close to 12 months to get all the permits required.

The local officials (as well as other legal charter firms) keep a keen eye open for boats being used under charter which do not comply with the regs, and heavy fines / confiscation have been applied to those who break the laws.

If you want more info on what needs to be done then send me a prviate message. I'd be happy to pass you my mates contact details - I'm sure he'd be happy to clarify whats needed.

Cheers
JOHN

Tags
bareboat