Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2019, 07:55   #1

Boat: Hallberg Rassy Rasmus 35
email subscription pop-up

I recently had to delete cookies due to a problem with navionics and now whenever I am on CF I get a pop-up asking me to sign up for email notifications.Even though I am on the mailing list I tried signing up again to make the annoying pop-up go away every time I open a new page. It would not accept my email address because it is already in use.
I could use some advice because as it is I find this annoyance limits my use of CF as it is.
wedivebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 03:33   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: email subscription pop-up

When you log in did you tick the "remember me" box? I normally get the pop up once when logging in after clearing cookies but that is it, not every page i then click on.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2019, 08:40   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
When you log in did you tick the "remember me" box? I normally get the pop up once when logging in after clearing cookies but that is it, not every page i then click on.

Pete
It pops up every time I reload a page and it won't accept my address as I am already registered so I am stuck with this annoying pop-up all the time. There is no option to remember me because it won't let me enter either of my email addresses as they are apparently in use.
Old 30-05-2019, 14:55   #4
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"it won't let me enter either of my email addresses as they are apparently in use."
Any chance you're using the REGISTER link instead of the LOG IN link?

Whenever a tech tells me "delete your cookies folder" I ask them to close the book and please put a real technician on the line. There's no excuse for them not knowing exactly WHICH cookie(s) are the only ones their own web site uses. "Delete your cookie folder" is pretty much like saying "Throw out your computer." Yeah, ain't happening here.

The new versions of Windows keep *two* cookie folders, perhaps you only cleared out one? Which still "shouldn't" affect forum log-ins...
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2019, 10:52   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

That popup is cookie driven but since you have already subscribed there is a conflict. My suggestion here is that you find an old newsletter in your mail folder and click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom. Then wait a day and when you login back into the site either dismiss the prompt (saving the new cookie) or sign up again.

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 08:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
That popup is cookie driven but since you have already subscribed there is a conflict. My suggestion here is that you find an old newsletter in your mail folder and click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom. Then wait a day and when you login back into the site either dismiss the prompt (saving the new cookie) or sign up again.
yeah tried that with no success.
This forum will be of no value to me if we can't fix this because the frequent op-ups are just too annoying.

ANY ADMINS LISTENING!

Tags
email