Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2006, 17:37   #46
Kai Nui

DefJef, I say, your question, while a very reasonable one, is so far off topic here, I am almost tempted to give it it's own thread (hint hint). May I suggest you relocate your post to a more appropriate spot?
And, again, can we keep this thread on topic.
So, we have a rather sparten account of the installation instructions. I notice "very tight" and "LockTite" in these instructions. No mention of torque specs. No mention of a plastic part.
Gary, was your prop locktited? And, with which Locktite? I see mention of 242, but in the same sentence, it mentions the "enclosed locking glue" Did your prop come with "locking glue"? Or did you have to purchase something seperately?
Also, is there any sort of accomodation for a lock pin on the assembly?
Old 25-10-2006, 17:53   #47
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
Is it wrong to dump on a dealer and not the manufacturer when you have a gripe?
I say stick it to them in a real meaningful way that hurts bad. If you have been wronged then search for the answer to your problem and seek redress in a real fashion that could yield results. Take the battle to them not us. Get the result you need, want, or at least deserve.

I also say - you can't get any here. It's fantasy to think you can shame some vendor on Cruisers Forum and get a solution. It's sick to think you can put someone out of business by posting on the internet. A post on Crusiers Forum may make you feel better for a moment but we really are not going to do anything at all to help you get what you really need. You want a refund, a replacement, or a new outlook on life. We don't have it. Suppose I say "Geez jef that's too bad." even if it made you feel better I don't hear the sound of money changing hands in your direction.

It clutters up what we really can do here. We are not everything to everyone. If we were we could have given you world peace and free anchorages just in the first year. It's never been disclosed before but we would have. It is amazing what we could have done by now if we could be everything.

We also can't help you graduate from Harvard, fix your teeth, or make you rich. We try to have a purpose and promote it openly. We want discussions in a healthy place. It's better if it fits in the world of boating too but we cut a lot of slack in that area. At the end of the day we are still limited. We can admit that and confine our activities here.

We can't make up topics and answers. We run the real estate and clean up the trash. We try to keep the focus when we have to and help out when we can. We know you do too. You have contributed greatly to this forum because of those efforts. Other like you do too. That is what we focus on. We want the really good stuff just like everyone else. We all boat or want to boat in some way or another. It's all we have.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 02:54   #48
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by defjef
How does a manufacturer's custom support and after sales service fit into the whole picture?
Are manufacturers expected to provide support and responsive, curteous support as well as tangible products?
Is it wrong to dump on a dealer and not the manufacturer when you have a gripe?
What say you?
Jef
As a purchaser, your direct contractual relationship is with the retail seller. Accordingly, your first recourse should be via the dealer.
When the manufacturer sells to retailers, there may be no privity of contract between the manufacturer and the end purchaser; but the warranty applies nonetheless.
If manufacturers want to own the customer's branded loyalty to their products, they need to take responsibility for disseminating all of the product-related information and support the customer needs to purchase and use the product.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote