Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2019, 14:25   #1

Boat: 1969 30 Mariner Sedan Cruiser
New member can't be new member

I'm posting this for some one else who is having problems joining, I'm just going to do a copy and paste of what was sent to me. If you respond with helpful advice, the person will see it as I will link it back to his request to me in the Trawler Forum:

"I sent a registration request a couple of weeks ago to the cruiser forum. Received an email that an admin would have to approve it. I didn't hear anything so I replied to the email a week ago. Still no response. Went to the forum and it says contact an admin but I can't see anything to find someone to contact. I saw the link you provided about doing life vests from that forum. Do you know someone I can contact to see what the issue may be?

Thanks
Greg"

rsn48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 14:32   #2

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: New member can't be new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn48 View Post
I'm posting this for some one else who is having problems joining, I'm just going to do a copy and paste of what was sent to me. If you respond with helpful advice, the person will see it as I will link it back to his request to me in the Trawler Forum:

"I sent a registration request a couple of weeks ago to the cruiser forum. Received an email that an admin would have to approve it. I didn't hear anything so I replied to the email a week ago. Still no response. Went to the forum and it says contact an admin but I can't see anything to find someone to contact. I saw the link you provided about doing life vests from that forum. Do you know someone I can contact to see what the issue may be?

Thanks
Greg"

Does she/he have an email to respond to?
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 14:45   #3

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

If Greg is working from a computer, he can click on the Contact Us button near the bottom of almost every page. A writing box will appear in which he can write about the nature of the difficulty is happening, and when he clicks on Send, it will go into a queue for the administrators.

Ann
Old 05-04-2019, 14:49   #4

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Is it Bob Perry?

Mae West
senormechanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 14:49   #5

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Why do you ask?
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 21:57   #6

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Now that’s funny
Old 06-04-2019, 05:32   #7

Boat: 1968 Columbia 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
Is it Bob Perry?
I do not think Bob Perry would join *again* if you paid him. The whole debacle back in the day over his son and some commenting did not sit well with Bob. Spikes birthday was this past week, and he still reminisces quite a bit, as any father would mourning the loss of his son. TBH this is a loss for this forum, as his knowledge and expertise is a vast resource. He can be found on his FB page, and is very interactive on that and his fan page.
Old 06-04-2019, 13:38   #8

Boat: Scout 30

That's a shame. One of my all time favorite yacht designers.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:31   #9

Boat: Currently in between

Im having the same issue over on Trawler Forum! No response from Admin and I am stuck. Can't view pics, can't comment, can't send messages to members posting trawlers for sale, etc..

Doesn't seem very user friendly.
Old 04-03-2021, 14:46   #10

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

rsn48,

Report your own post, with the message from Greg. It will go into the queue as described above. For the first line, put in Caps 'ATTN: ADMINISTRATOR.' I am sure someone will get back to you in a day or two. The mods are all volunteers, and spread out over the world, and the administrators are all spread out too. I'm sure one of them will be able to help, but it may be beyond the privileges of the moderators to handle.

Or, you can make the request to them directly, by using the Contact Us button at the bottom, right of center. A mod cannot do this for you, successfully, it has to be the member, him or herself.

Ann
Old 04-03-2021, 15:01   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormechanico View Post
Is it Bob Perry?

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:02   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Siren View Post
I do not think Bob Perry would join *again* if you paid him. The whole debacle back in the day over his son and some commenting did not sit well with Bob. Spikes birthday was this past week, and he still reminisces quite a bit, as any father would mourning the loss of his son. TBH this is a loss for this forum, as his knowledge and expertise is a vast resource. He can be found on his FB page, and is very interactive on that and his fan page.
Yep

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:18   #13
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
rsn48,

Report your own post, with the message from Greg. It will go into the queue as described above. For the first line, put in Caps 'ATTN: ADMINISTRATOR.' I am sure someone will get back to you in a day or two. The mods are all volunteers, and spread out over the world, and the administrators are all spread out too. I'm sure one of them will be able to help, but it may be beyond the privileges of the moderators to handle.

Or, you can make the request to them directly, by using the Contact Us button at the bottom, right of center. A mod cannot do this for you, successfully, it has to be the member, him or herself.

Ann
The OP was almost two years ago so hopefully it has solved by now!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:25   #14
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: New member can't be new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Siren View Post
Nice guy.. really like him..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:01   #15

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Bacchus View Post
Im having the same issue over on Trawler Forum! No response from Admin and I am stuck. Can't view pics, can't comment, can't send messages to members posting trawlers for sale, etc..

Doesn't seem very user friendly.

Hi - I believe you'll find this is fixed. Your account was never fully activated (click link in e-mail confirmation)

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
member, new member