Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2009, 21:20   #1

Boat: Southern Cross 31
Proper Location for My Question / Thread

I am not sure where a good location for my thread that I posted a few days ago. It is now in "meets and greets" and the title is Advice /Ideas/Options for boat purchase.
Ditch Leroi “
I read what Alan wheeler wrote “If you ask a question in this forum heading, you may find your question is never fully answered.
Ditch Leroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2009, 11:41   #2
Senior Cruiser

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 43 (Ketch)
Ditch - first, I would suggest that you do a SEARCH on "Boat" & "Buy" on this forum. There are about 50 threads of people asking the same question. Without knowing your past, present, and future intents, along with what YOU consider important, it typically turns out to be: You have to figure it out for yourself. Which, is pretty much what all of us who have found the boat we want, have done.

There is no easy magical answer. YOU have to do the work. WHEN, you have narrowed the boat down, and (to yourself) have defined what you need for your particular circumstances, asking advice from those on the board becomes MUCH more productive and beneficial.

Good Luck.
S/V Elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 14:15   #3

Boat: Skookum 53'
I second that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Elusive View Post
Ditch - first, I would suggest that you do a SEARCH on "Boat" & "Buy" on this forum. There are about 50 threads of people asking the same question. Without knowing your past, present, and future intents, along with what YOU consider important, it typically turns out to be: You have to figure it out for yourself. Which, is pretty much what all of us who have found the boat we want, have done.

There is no easy magical answer. YOU have to do the work. WHEN, you have narrowed the boat down, and (to yourself) have defined what you need for your particular circumstances, asking advice from those on the board becomes MUCH more productive and beneficial.

Good Luck.
Everyone is different and have different priorities. Your best bet is to ride as many different vessels as possible, to learn what you don't want as well as what you want. If you join a yacht club or sailing club or just pound the docks, you will find plenty of opportunities to serve as crew, once you are aboard there will be plenty of time to discuss the pros and cons of different boats with the respective owners. Good luck on your search!
captain58sailin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2009, 14:21   #4
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Ditch,

You'd probably have better luck posting in Monohull, Multihull, or if you are ambivalent as to the number of hulls, the General Sailing Forum.