Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2010, 12:15   #1
DtM

Thread Post Notifications

How do I switch off the notification of posts in threads I have posted on in the past?

I am trying to cut down my emails while Itravel for the next little while to cut download costs.

Thanks
DtM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 12:51   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtM View Post
How do I switch off the notification of posts in threads I have posted on in the past?

I am trying to cut down my emails while I travel for the next little while to cut download costs.

Thanks
To disable email notification of new posts to subscribed threads, Daniel, open your User Control Panel by locating the smaller menu bar that runs across the top of the page just below the box where your User Name is displayed when you're logged in. At the far left end you'll see User CP.

In the page that opens next, scroll down the left side to the box labeled Settings and Options and select Edit Options. In the page that opens, you will see the second box is labeled Messaging and Notification. In it, scroll down to the second box labeled Default Thread Subscription Mode.

Click on the smaller box inside and select "No email notification," then scroll to the bottom and click on Save Changes. That should stop your email inbox from being loaded with notices from CF whenever someone posts to a thread you're subscribed to.

Have a pleasant trip, and don't forget to reset that option when you want to resume receiving email notifications.

TaoJones

« RSS feed | Hijack ? »