Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2018, 13:39   #61

Boat: 58' Sedan Bridge
Re: Annapolis Sailboat show ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14murs14 View Post
If you buy a used boat you're not buying a used boat. New boat vendors provide probably 80-90% of the revenue for the Annapolis Boat Shows corporation. Brokers of used boats probably <1%. So if they'd prefer the brokerage sideshow wasn't there and communicated that with the Annapolis Boat Shows corporation it's a rational business decision to not to.

I'm having trouble interpreting your first sentence...

But anyway, sure, that may have been the way it came down. Rational can be a good plan. Not working there this year, so haven't any insight into this year's plan. (Wifey is getting her crew brief literally as I type this, so maybe I'll know more scoobies later.)

FWIW, I heard in previous years the exhibition fee for new and brokerage was essentially all calculated at the same rate -- per square feet, so to speak. That was second-hand info, though...

-Chris
Old 28-09-2018, 20:08   #62
Marine Service Provider

Hi folks, Josh McLean here with David Walters Yachts. I wanted to chime in here as there seems to be some discussion about 'Broker's Cove' this year, or more so the lack there of. Yes, 'Broker's Cove' has been discontinued by the show. A bit of a disappointment for not only the brokers but many of the folks who enjoyed visiting the pre-owned boats available.

That said, we will be hosting a brokerage show at Port Annapolis Marina called the 'Blue Water Brokerage Show'. We have coordinated with Port Annapolis Marina to rent out D-Dock (Next to their traveler lift) where we will have 11 boats in the water and 20+ boats on display in front of our office. We have a good lineup of boats ranging in both budget and size and would love the opportunity to see some of you folks out there.

There will be water taxi transportation departing from City Dock on the hour and every half hour. We'll open the show at 9AM and wrap up around 6PM Oct 4 thru the 8th. Please feel free to PM me with questions. You can also find more details on our site davidwaltersyachts under our Upcoming Events section. And cruisers, don't forget! Saturday night at 6PM is our annual Boats - Beer & BBQ party!
jjmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2018, 20:47   #63

Boat: Pearson 33-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmclean View Post
Hi folks, Josh McLean here with David Walters Yachts. I wanted to chime in here as there seems to be some discussion about 'Broker's Cove' this year, or more so the lack there of. Yes, 'Broker's Cove' has been discontinued by the show. A bit of a disappointment for not only the brokers but many of the folks who enjoyed visiting the pre-owned boats available.

That said, we will be hosting a brokerage show at Port Annapolis Marina called the 'Blue Water Brokerage Show'. We have coordinated with Port Annapolis Marina to rent out D-Dock (Next to their traveler lift) where we will have 11 boats in the water and 20+ boats on display in front of our office. We have a good lineup of boats ranging in both budget and size and would love the opportunity to see some of you folks out there.

There will be water taxi transportation departing from City Dock on the hour and every half hour. We'll open the show at 9AM and wrap up around 6PM Oct 4 thru the 8th. Please feel free to PM me with questions. You can also find more details on our site davidwaltersyachts under our Upcoming Events section. And cruisers, don't forget! Saturday night at 6PM is our annual Boats - Beer & BBQ party!
We will come to visit and see what you have on hand.

Tags
annapolis, boat, boat show, sail, sailboat