Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2012, 21:40   #226

Re: Coast Guard Helping Sailboat In Distress at Ocean View In Norfolk, VA

New to this site, currently looking for a sailboat and came across this thread. And it may not be the best way to introduce myself but here goes.

I will defend Catman2 in their post#117, I had dealings with Mr. Calabrese on a couple of occasions and he did have at least one type of substance abuse issue.

Secondly, on Thursday prior to their Saturday rescue, this boat and the owners were tied to a public dock in Portsmouth, Va (North Landing to be specific). They appeared to be having issues with the mast/furling and pulling the sail in. This I witnessed personally. This is an unmonitored dock and they could have stayed to ride out the storm.

Lastly, Mr. Calabrese was found floating next to his latest boat in Camden County NC back in May. Accidental drowning killed boater in N.C. | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Sorry for my first post to seem so negative but this train wreck was going to happen at some point or another. And like Paul Harvey use to say, and now you know the rest of the story.
snoopyandpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
distress, sailboat