Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2014, 03:05   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Cruising sailor finds massive ancient temple site in Philippines

surety is a transient thing.
I Love catamarans. I want one.
However I saw somewhere a trailerable folding trimaran that had lots of good space and was fast.
Looked seaworthy too.
Now I might want one.
bollox!
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 03:06   #32
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Cruising sailor finds massive ancient temple site in Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Yes, it enabled the white mice hiding in the clothes of the Greeks to spread and take over the world.
No... it took education and building techniques that were unknown to the Northern barbarians..
****.. after the survivors got back the Greeks even learnt how to build walls

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 14:25   #33
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam

I am currently sailing with only spotty slow internet. More net research has shown some here may be right. It is more likely technology for concrete structures came from Greece not Rome.

Greeks first used it 600 bc.
Greeks records mention Philippines starting 150 bc.
First direct contact of Greek trading party was 22-25 bc.

Since Greeks were building temples with concrete for hundreds of years likely someone in group knew how.

Regarding ancient wall in Balabac. The Spanish found a similar stone brick wall near Manila. They took it apart to form wall around first settlement. Notice term stone brick. That means 90 degree angles and shaped. That wall is still standing. This is absolute proof Filipinos built large walls before Spanish contact.

Sorry picture proof to you are slow.

Philip
pbmaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 14:30   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
No... it took education and building techniques that were unknown to the Northern barbarians..
****.. after the survivors got back the Greeks even learnt how to build walls
YOu cant dismiss the white mice theory.... Terry Pratchett says!
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 14:56   #35

The answer used to be 42.
The mice know nothing.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

psychic pre-edit: You're welcome!
bornyesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 15:00   #36

So long, and thanks for all the fish!
socaldmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 00:49   #37
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam
UPdate on temple site...

I know you guys are skeptical however had great meeting with Palawan Provincial Government today. They asked me to incorporate findings into a prior UNESCO site application for the Tabon caves to the North. I can now release those photos to you and letter to UNESCO.

To: UNESCO
Subject: Tentative UNESCO Site:
The Tabon Cave Complex and all of Lipuun
Submitted by:
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA)
State, Province or Region:
West Coast of Palawan
Coordinates: N 8-10 E 116-118
Ref.: 1860

The above referenced site was first submitted to UNESCO in June 2006. It is still on the nomination list almost 8 years later. Please accept the following letter and photographs as supporting evidence to immediately declare this site a UNESCO Cultural Heritage Site.

In particular I wish to speak of this site in relationship to Selection Criteria
(i) “to represent a masterpiece of human creative genius”.

The basis of my submission to UNESCO is the finding of masterpieces of creative cave paintings and sculptures that are perhaps the finest of all ancient man.
Background: My name is Philip Maise. I travel the world looking for evidence of ancient man. I first visited the site in March 2013. I took many photographs of cave walls that didn’t appear 100% natural. From these photos, I identified the elephant sculptures and very high quality cave paintings. In May 2014 I returned to the site to alert National Museum staff and take additional photographs. Since I seem to be the first person to specifically be looking for cave artwork,
Note: I wish to commend the Philippine National Museum for the caution they have been taking when allowing tourists to visit these caves. I highly encourage the staff to continue to watch the site with care since cave paintings in Sarawak Malaysia have been vandalized. Further, I recommend that the handrails that are rusting away be immediately replaced. This is a problem site that needs attention!
The photographs are attachments to this document.
Photographs No. 1 and No.2 show that ancient man carved a very large carved skull into the Tabon cave complex cliff face. This skull is complete with both eye sockets and teeth.

Photographs No. 3 and No. 4 are clearly the bodies of two large elephants that have been either carved from existing cave walls, or added to the walls as an application. The addition to the walls is believed more likely and that the material will prove to be an ancient form of cement. Significantly, these elephants are found in the cave of the complex where researches found the highest quality burial jars. Up until now most have assumed the cave walls were greenish owing to moss and molds. However, it is suspected that the green color comes from ground tourmaline crystals I found locally.
The elephants themselves clearly suffered damage over the years and only the main bodies survive. However, the body of one of the elephants contains a detailed mural with 5 or more human figures. These figures are all featured in profile view with headdress. Up to 5 elephants ringed the cave entrance. It is quite likely the murals are of people that were buried in the jars. Considered in total, the original effect must have been a masterpiece. It is still stunning when you know what you are looking at.
I travel to/from Palawan and the Philippines aboard my sailing vessel. This allows me to carefully scan the shore line and look for other possible manmade structures. There is potentially a second site that should be incorporated into the original application or submitted separately.
In brief, that site is located roughly 33 nautical miles to the South East at 08-43 N and 117-20 E. That site appears to have been a very large temple compound. Photograph No. 5-9 are examples of the highly detailed stone work that led me to conclude the site is not natural. Specifically notice in the photograph that there is dirt behind the stones. Had the stones been part of a natural stone cliff, one would expect to find more stone behind. However, it appears the stone walls are constructed more like large retaining walls. One photo clearly shows a turtle eating squid. Another is of a large wall.
I also found additional stone like retaining walls at sites 07-60 N and 117-4 E. These are on the Island of Balabac the Philippines in an ancient port town the Province of Palawan.
Both man and nature are actively damaging the walls and structures. Men have apparently been trying to explore 3 of the sites for gold. Further, trees roots have been growing in the soil behind the walls. When the trees come down, large sections of the walls have been coming down with them.
Respectfully Submitted

Philip Maise
12-118 Kipuka Street, Pahoa Hawaii, USA 96778
pbmaise@yahoo.com
(9 photos)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skull small.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	82305   Click image for larger version

Name:	skull only.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	82306  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Two Elephants small.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	82307   Click image for larger version

Name:	two busts.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	82308  

pbmaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 07:08   #38

Boat: Still saving up for the next one!

Hey, maybe I am missing something, but it looks kinda natural to me. :-(

If you look at anything long enough you start seeing faces and animals, etc.

However I do share your interest in ancient civilizations and want to visit Easter Island. I have heard if you go to the place they quarried the statues you can see some that were never finished and somehow they managed to make a deep cut into the rock so thin you can't possibly reach in with your hand, let alone with a hammer and chisel. Has anybody seen this?

This can be seen in Laos:
Freddy_Vagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 07:09   #39

Boat: Still saving up for the next one!

Here is something very interesting underwater somewhere near Bora Bora, looks like an elongated skull to me and whoever crafted this was sufficiently skilled to be able to reproduce whatever he had seen (or imagined...).

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...%3B2048%3B1366

Freddy_Vagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2017, 00:13   #40

Boat: 1980 Pacific International Marine 41.5

I believe that it's not fake. Those original photos posted remind me of where I was raised. Volcanic rock/"stone" is something very different than sandstone. You never find sandstone embedded with that volcanic rock. Yes it looks natural, but IMO, it's definitely not entirely natural(in terms of how it was formed)
chowdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2017, 01:17   #41

Boat: Outremer 40/43

Stop pratting about in a boat and borrow a plane equipped with LIDAR.
Then you can see exactly what is under the trees and vegetation.
Tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising, Philippines, sail