Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2010, 06:40   #31
Marine Service Provider

When I had to tether Larsen on board my boat , I would use a line from the port side of the boat that would not allow him all the way to the starboard side and another from the stbd. side keeping him off the port rail. He had most of the cockpit as a result but without the hanging potential.
xsboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 15:33   #32

Crabbyjane........Any news about Bucky?
Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 15:37   #33

Crabbyjane........Hope you don't mind, but last week I went ahead and called Elizabeth City Airport and told them about Bucky. The guy I spoke to said it seems Bucky would have been only 3 miles at most from land, but more likely only a mile or two. He said he was going to tell all the pilots of private planes about Buckyand he himself was planning on going flying the next day, so he said he would have a look for him.
Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 18:33   #34

We are bringing home a new family member. An older N/M yellow lab (still debating name) who was found injured in a ditch by the New Bern animal control. Linda and Graham Pugh, a lovely couple, have started a lab rescue in the area and were put in touch with us. They paid his vet bill and the shelter waived all fees for us as they knew that his adoptability was minimal. He has a very laid-back nature, is perfectly house broken, and has been notified by Baylor that he is #2, which is fine with him. He's still draining a little and has meds to finish, but should be a minimal shock to all of our systems, since he's sweet and accepting and about as wired as Baylor. I view it as a chance to honor Bucky's memory by saving another dog.
crabbyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 18:43   #35

Boat: 1964 Pearson Ariel 'Faith' / Pearson 424, sv Emerald Tide
That is beautiful Jane,

best of luck to you all!
s/v 'Faith' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 19:36   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye View Post
Crabbyjane........Any news about Bucky?
Skye, it was posted in a different thread that he has gone to the land of infinite beaches and endless tennis balls. Nice that you did what you did, well done.

CrabbyJane, great way to honour Bucky. No better way, in fact. Give the new boy a hug from Jackson and I.

I might add pics would make this thread a lot better. Jackson agrees.

Brob2 is offline   Reply With Quote