Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2015, 10:24   #526
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
According to the USGS human emit 135 times more CO2 than all volcanic activity.

Which is exactly why the true extremists in the MMGWC movement buy into the Population Bomb lie. Their goal is to shrink the population DOWN to save mother Gia. It's why they are so against feeding the poor around the world, they would rather they just die out and not multiply as a humane way to save Mother Gia. The Margret Sanger approach is alive and well in today's EnviroNazi movement.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply
Old 19-12-2015, 10:26   #527
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1968 Islander bahama 24 hull 182, 1963 columbia 29 defender. hull # 60
Re: Do we need to be preparing for Arctic cruising strategies because of Global Cooli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Why stop at 1979....ha ha ha.....classic data manipulation....
So if I make up a graph but post it every other post does that make it true? You gotta love these MMGWC's approach to Science. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth....hmmm....sounds familiar....
OK from a normal scientists point of view shouldn't you remove the data from the July 1998 temperature spike as suspect due to being such a deviation from the accumulative numbers over the whole 36 year range without a reasonable explanation for the deviation EG: the cooling after mt Pinatubo eruption in 1992 that would change the paradyme of the entire graph as shown
newhaul is offline   Reply
Old 19-12-2015, 10:56   #528

Quote:
Absolutely....anyone who wishes to discuss or be educated about something that is measure in geological time in hundreds of years that shows, a graph to bolster their argument with a timeline of about 40yrs is not to be taken seriously. Sure you can zoom in on data but to use that data to push an agenda is scientifically wrong. And as a Scientist...I stick to science not snap shots of the data intended to mislead.
So you are saying that Spencer has manipulated data to prove a point?
jackdale is offline   Reply
Old 19-12-2015, 12:26   #529

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
I would seriously look into spray foam insulation they make diy kits. https://www.sprayfoamkit.com/spray-f...FRSRfgodU_gFvQ
Thanks Newhaul. I found an interesting spray on material by tempcoat. There are polyurethane and ceramic beads spray on coatings that seem superior to spray foams. Higher insulation, less flammable and thinner. Thanks again.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply
Old 19-12-2015, 12:29   #530

Quote:
Why stop at 1979....ha ha ha.....classic data manipulation....
So if I make up a graph but post it every other post does that make it true? You gotta love these MMGWC's approach to Science. Tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth....hmmm....sounds familiar....
Sounds to me like the Gerbals school of Science.
Old 19-12-2015, 13:11   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Gerbils?

Old 19-12-2015, 13:16   #532

Boat: Key West 2020 CC

Quote:
Did you mean Goebbels?
If so, it looks like Godwin's Law has been invoked.
Old 19-12-2015, 13:21   #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdale View Post
Gerbils?

Watch out Scotty. Those critters will fill up the hull in no time soon.
Old 19-12-2015, 13:33   #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfControl View Post
Did you mean Goebbels?
If so, it looks like Godwin's Law has been invoked.
Goebbels, Garbles, or insane Nazi monsters. All the same to me while lying in bed intoxicated with pain medication and trying to cope with a ruptured ligament in my left shoulder. They are not kidding when they say a ligament break can be more painful than a broken bone. Meds don't seem to be working now. Pain is constant and maddening. My friend just spoke to my Doc and she thinks should get to the hospital for some stronger meds. 2 hours sleep last night after falling asleep out of shear exhaustion at 6am. I'm not looking forward for a repeat tonight but I hate hospitals. Sorry. You are correct . Goebbels. May he rot in hell.
Old 19-12-2015, 13:46   #535
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefmagnet View Post
... Sony aren't paying an environment tax on their products. Have you considered the energy/co2 differential between building an entire Blu-ray player vs a small circuit board, including transportation? Perhaps if they did pay a tax, their products would be more field service friendly...
Ontario (Canada), for one, has an Environmental Handling Fee for electronics.

http://www.ontarioelectronicstewards...-may1-2014.pdf

http://pmd.680news.com/680links/eco-fees_may1.pdf

GordMay is offline   Reply
Old 19-12-2015, 14:07   #536

Boat: Nantucket Island 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post

Now that's a step in the right direction, but I still think that, to cut through the political correctness barrier, cheap imported Asian sweatshop crap should be taxed to the point that higher priced, higher quality goods become preferred by consumers. Of course, a mechanism to prevent bypassing the system via eBay et al is needed.

Now before everyone starts jumping up and down about fossil fuel aka carbon taxes and saying "well isn't that the same thing?" the answer is no. Because a decent Blu-ray player does the same job as a sweatshop model whereas you can't fill up your car with an alternative less CO2 generating fuel. You essentially have to transfer to new technologies.

Sent from my SGP521 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Reefmagnet is offline   Reply
Old 19-12-2015, 15:58   #537
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Thanks Newhaul. I found an interesting spray on material by tempcoat. There are polyurethane and ceramic beads spray on coatings that seem superior to spray foams. Higher insulation, less flammable and thinner. Thanks again.
No worries glad to put something on here that didn't cause a couple pages of retorts.
Old 19-12-2015, 16:20   #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post

Alberta has environmental fees on numerous products: electronics, tires, motor oil, etc..

We get refunds on milk and juice containers, beverage bottles, etc..

Old 19-12-2015, 16:23   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhaul View Post
No worries glad to put something on here that didn't cause a couple pages of retorts.
A lot of advances of recent in materials engineering. But its one thing reading a company sales pitch and spec sheet and another hearing from those with experience with these new materials. I did find another new high tech spray on that is used on racing cars ad trucks to keep the heat out. Specs say it can reduce heat by 30 degrees F. I immediately thought that this could be great for the tropics. Apply to the deck and then gel coat over it. I probably need to speak to a company that uses it and before anything look at doing some tests with top coats etc. One thing is for sure there are some new stuff out there worth experimenting with.

I must admit the GW posters keep me amused. I'm still in awful pain and the forum today has been a welcome distraction. By the way no matter our individual views there still is a kindred spirit amongst all of us. The love of and respect for nature. And of course the love of the ocean and sailing. So even the most adverse opinion to that of mine is from a person I would still enjoy having a drink with.

Thanks for the suggestion again newhaul
Old 19-12-2015, 17:49   #540
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
A lot of advances of recent in materials engineering. But its one thing reading a company sales pitch and spec sheet and another hearing from those with experience with these new materials. I did find another new high tech spray on that is used on racing cars ad trucks to keep the heat out. Specs say it can reduce heat by 30 degrees F. I immediately thought that this could be great for the tropics. Apply to the deck and then gel coat over it. I probably need to speak to a company that uses it and before anything look at doing some tests with top coats etc. One thing is for sure there are some new stuff out there worth experimenting with.

I must admit the GW posters keep me amused. I'm still in awful pain and the forum today has been a welcome distraction. By the way no matter our individual views there still is a kindred spirit amongst all of us. The love of and respect for nature. And of course the love of the ocean and sailing. So even the most adverse opinion to that of mine is from a person I would still enjoy having a drink with.

Thanks for the suggestion again newhaul
I have never used the spray type insulators on boats just homes and RV's . That spray you referenced that will do the 30 deg differences may be great to use for refer insulation. Perhaps we should start a thread that is specific to the various advances in spray on insulting products.
Closed Thread

Tags
arc, cooling, cruising