Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-09-2018, 17:02   #16

Boat: Hunter 45 CC
Re: Fort Lauderdale Sailboat Show (October 31- November 4, 2018)

I would be interested in looking for a good cruising monohull during the show
Sailor_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 20:12   #17

Boat: 2012 Tartan 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhoy View Post
Very interested. I'm in the market for a used 40-50ft monohull to replace my boat that got crushed at its dock on the New River recently. Your sailboat show would be a good opportunity to see a bunch of boats...

-David
I'd like to know more about your boat getting crushed as we just took dock space behind a home on the south fork of the New River near 95. What happened?
RichandHelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 05:27   #18

Boat: Catalina 470

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichandHelen View Post
I'd like to know more about your boat getting crushed as we just took dock space behind a home on the south fork of the New River near 95. What happened?
I'll PM you, rather not discuss the details in public until the insurance issues are resolved.

-David
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2018, 20:10   #19
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Yachts View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to put together a small sailboat show at the same time as the Fort Lauderdale International megayacht show. It will be during the same time period October 31- November 4, 2018 at the marina where my office is (Royale Palm).

It would nice to get any feedback on how many people here will be attending the Fort Lauderdale show and might be interested in attending a get together of sailboats. Already at my marina include a 60 Shannon, 49 Jeanneau DS, 62 Mason, Wauquiez 43, and a couple newer Jeanneaus. There are many sailboats and catamarans at Harbortown next door. And I can fill in working with other brokers or simply by myself other sailboats to add to what is available.

Any additional requests are welcome. Would it help attract anyone to offer demo sailing? Free beer I think might create circus, but I do have some in the fridge at the office.

Anyways please let me know anyone who will be attending the megayacht show and might also be interested in walking the docks at a small sailboat show.

Richard
Richard! I owe you a phone call. Really glad you're taking the initiative here. You've got my support, let's talk Monday.
jjmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:53   #20
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Jordan Yachts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidhoy View Post
I'll PM you, rather not discuss the details in public until the insurance issues are resolved.

-David
I think you inquired about our 49 Jeanneau, and I was relayed that story. Crazy and hope to see you at this event to hear the story in full.

Big thanks to Josh @ David Walters for the support. I hope everyone who is able goes to what sounds like an amazing event at Annapolis this weekend.

After some discussion with the other parties involved, this Fort Lauderdale event will be 1 day after the Fort Lauderdale boat show. We would appreciate if anyone who is working the show (Tellie) could send out invitations. I can provide marketing material. The idea is a sailing afterparty for those who are attending the megayacht show.

Will advise which day and the line up of boats. Right now I know we have a Wauquiez 43, Shannon 60, Jeanneau 49 DS, Jeanneau 37, Jeanneau 40, Mason 62. Hope to add a few cats on the face dock and some more monos into any open slips to fill it out.

We will have free beer (not unlimited quantity), free food, and a relaxed atmosphere. I think without free beer it would be just me alone there. We also whether it is myself or Josh can get you aboard a lot of boats close by whether that be catamarans at Harbortown or monos on the river.

Ideas welcome or feedback on the above. Please continue to post or message me if you are interested in coming, so we have idea of how many people to expect.

Richard
Jordan Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:02   #21
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Yachts View Post
I think you inquired about our 49 Jeanneau, and I was relayed that story. Crazy and hope to see you at this event to hear the story in full.

Big thanks to Josh @ David Walters for the support. I hope everyone who is able goes to what sounds like an amazing event at Annapolis this weekend.

After some discussion with the other parties involved, this Fort Lauderdale event will be 1 day after the Fort Lauderdale boat show. We would appreciate if anyone who is working the show (Tellie) could send out invitations. I can provide marketing material. The idea is a sailing afterparty for those who are attending the megayacht show.

Will advise which day and the line up of boats. Right now I know we have a Wauquiez 43, Shannon 60, Jeanneau 49 DS, Jeanneau 37, Jeanneau 40, Mason 62. Hope to add a few cats on the face dock and some more monos into any open slips to fill it out.

We will have free beer (not unlimited quantity), free food, and a relaxed atmosphere. I think without free beer it would be just me alone there. We also whether it is myself or Josh can get you aboard a lot of boats close by whether that be catamarans at Harbortown or monos on the river.

Ideas welcome or feedback on the above. Please continue to post or message me if you are interested in coming, so we have idea of how many people to expect.

Richard
Richard - good to catch up yesterday!

You can expect David Walters Yachts to bring by another Shannon 60 'Ohana', the Islander 56 'The Abby', a Taswell 49 'Mola Mola', and perhaps sweet little Block Island 40.

Cheers, Josh
jjmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 15:28   #22

I will be in the area on business during this time and would love to stop by and see some nice sailing yachts. If you can find a Beneteau Sense, I have been wanting to get close look at one.
Please add me to the mailing list.
PM here or TonyJRoy@aol.com
BatEng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 13:22   #23
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Jordan Yachts
Nov 3rd 4 - 7 PM

I will be posting a new thread for this show. The idea has evolved into "Sailboat Night" at Royale Palm on Saturday November 3rd.

Free beer and pizza.

Line includes so far:

63 Mason "Freedom"
60 Shannon "The Harlen Wood"
60 Shannon "Ohana"
56 Islander "The Abby"
53 Jeanneau "Zuma" (Harbortown)
53 Oyster "Moondance"
49 Taswell "Mola Mola"
49 Jeanneau DS "4 Estrellas"
43 Wauqiuez "Silvergirl"
409 Jeanneau "Daffy"