Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2018, 06:50   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Jordan Yachts
Fort Lauderdale Sailboat Show (October 31- November 4, 2018)

Hi all,

I am planning to put together a small sailboat show at the same time as the Fort Lauderdale International megayacht show. It will be during the same time period October 31- November 4, 2018 at the marina where my office is (Royale Palm).

It would nice to get any feedback on how many people here will be attending the Fort Lauderdale show and might be interested in attending a get together of sailboats. Already at my marina include a 60 Shannon, 49 Jeanneau DS, 62 Mason, Wauquiez 43, and a couple newer Jeanneaus. There are many sailboats and catamarans at Harbortown next door. And I can fill in working with other brokers or simply by myself other sailboats to add to what is available.

Any additional requests are welcome. Would it help attract anyone to offer demo sailing? Free beer I think might create circus, but I do have some in the fridge at the office.

Anyways please let me know anyone who will be attending the megayacht show and might also be interested in walking the docks at a small sailboat show.

Richard
Jordan Yachts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 07:53   #2
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Re: Fort Lauderdale Sailboat Show (October 31- November 4, 2018)

Free Beer?
I will be there for sure, but be carful: Saliors and free beer and you will end up in the poorhouse.
Old 26-09-2018, 07:54   #3
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Yachts View Post
Hi all,

I am planning to put together a small sailboat show at the same time as the Fort Lauderdale International megayacht show. It will be during the same time period October 31- November 4, 2018 at the marina where my office is (Royale Palm).

It would nice to get any feedback on how many people here will be attending the Fort Lauderdale show and might be interested in attending a get together of sailboats. Already at my marina include a 60 Shannon, 49 Jeanneau DS, 62 Mason, Wauquiez 43, and a couple newer Jeanneaus. There are many sailboats and catamarans at Harbortown next door. And I can fill in working with other brokers or simply by myself other sailboats to add to what is available.

Any additional requests are welcome. Would it help attract anyone to offer demo sailing? Free beer I think might create circus, but I do have some in the fridge at the office.

Anyways please let me know anyone who will be attending the megayacht show and might also be interested in walking the docks at a small sailboat show.

Richard

Hi Richard, I'm always working the show but I will attest to the fact if someone is looking for a sailing Cat you are certainly in the right place to view many.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 09:28   #4
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
Free Beer?
I will be there for sure, but be carful: Saliors and free beer and you will end up in the poorhouse.
Note that I carefully did not promise "free beer," but I will extend that promise to you. I don't think you can single handedly put me in poorhouse.

I agree on cats (next door at Harbortown there are lots) and sure there is a lot of regular "inventory" around town that people can call up in see. Tthe sailboat event will be for those who don't want to actually call and schedule an appointment or just want to look around without pressure.

The level of interest expressed here will help me decide what exactly to put on, so I appreciate your feedback.

R
Old 27-09-2018, 07:19   #5
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

So what the hell let's go with the free beer idea. How many people then?
Old 27-09-2018, 07:43   #6

Hey Rich,
If you're offering free beer I will take you up on that. We can square up on the one or two from the trip to buy that Oyster up in Newport. In all honesty, if you need any help with the event I am just hanging out over here on the west coast and would be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

-Zak
ZacharyWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 08:05   #7
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyWS View Post
Hey Rich,
If you're offering free beer I will take you up on that. We can square up on the one or two from the trip to buy that Oyster up in Newport. In all honesty, if you need any help with the event I am just hanging out over here on the west coast and would be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

-Zak
So I am hearing that if I give out free beer you will buy the Oyster 53 we have for sale. I may have invented the best way ever to sell boats.

I am open to help. Please PM me or continue here any ideas you have. Mostly hoping to get an idea of level or interest at moment or tweaks to idea that would generate most interest.

FYI the Oyster 53 will be enroute Saturday and arrive in Lauderdale within a couple weeks.
Old 27-09-2018, 08:44   #8

That’s awesome, this is our first boat show and I couldn’t make it to Annapolis so we are a coming down to FLIBS. I was hoping to see some Cats and we are trying to decide between a trawler and a Cat for our future home. We are bringing at least one other couple. I figure two days at the show and three looking at sails. How do I contact you. Email?
Dgzum@aol.com
Floatinghome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 09:17   #9
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

My best email is jordanship@aol.com or you can PM me here.

FLIBS show is new boats and a lot of megayachts but fun. Especially fun to look at gear. Search YachtWorld for what is town in terms of used boats including trawlers and catamarans. Lots of Lagoon cats.
Old 27-09-2018, 09:19   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Kaufman 47, Cutter

Finally!!! A good reason to go to the FLIBS. Strictly Sail in Miami needs some competition.
michaeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:21   #11

Boat: C&C

Anyone looking for a good older catamaran for sale while in Lauderdale for the boat show might want to check out mine that's for sale and located in The New River up near Davie Blvd. Call the broker listed in the add, he's definitely not a pressure guy! See the link below or PM me.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/199...g#.WwRwu5KZMfF
wannacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:26   #12

Send a message via Skype™ to ekampel

I would go
ekampel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 11:37   #13

Boat: Currently in between

FLIBS, at least to my experience in the past, hasn't been good for serious sailboat shopping in "my class" of boat. I didn't go last year so I can't speak to that point for last year. If I had a spare twenty million and wanted power, it would be the show to go see. I'm not saying it isn't enjoyable, it is something to see. But not if you seriously want a sailing yacht for under 500K!

I would think the offer JY is throwing on the table would be well received and I am going to go by, hang out, see what is there and have some fun!

I think we could all help by getting the word out to our friends that might be interested. I know I have spoken with (PM on this site) at least two couples that wanted to see cats up close and personal. Now that they have seen the costs involved in owning a cat they may be considering monos. I'll PM them and let them know about this thread.
Old 27-09-2018, 14:36   #14

Sounds like a great idea. We may come check it out.
KingGuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 16:19   #15

Boat: Catalina 470

Very interested. I'm in the market for a used 40-50ft monohull to replace my boat that got crushed at its dock on the New River recently. Your sailboat show would be a good opportunity to see a bunch of boats...

-David
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Davidhoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, boat show, fort lauderdale, sail, sailboat