Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2010, 11:40   #1

German TV Looking for Boat Cruising the ICW (FL to NY)

Hello everyone,

I am a producer for the German TV (www.ard.de) and currently I am working on a documentary about cruising the ICW from FL to NY. It's a 60 minute film that will air in Germany in the Fall of 2010.

To that end I am looking for a vessel that will let us film them as they're making their way north. The film is about the boat and crew, it's about the people they meet and the places they see along the way. We wouldn't want to tag along the whole time. More like 3 or 4 times for about 2 days each (ie. at the start in FL, arrving in NY and a couple of stops in between). No German language skills required, anyone welcome!

We're a crew of 4 plus some film gear. Time frame: beginning April to end of June. I'm open to discussing sleeping arrangements off the boat if necessary and we'd be happy to share expenses.

I can't pomise an Oscar at the end of the shoot, but I'm certain we'd have lots of laughs along the way! And, of course, there'd be a DVD of the film for posterity.

Looking forward to your responses,
Annette
ABrieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:06   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Your project sounds like a wonderful opportunity for the right cruiser(s) with the right vessel, going in the right direction at the right time, Annette. Thank you for bringing your search to Cruisers Forum - and best of luck with your documentary.

TaoJones
Old 20-03-2010, 12:13   #3
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrieger View Post
Looking forward to your responses,
Annette
Sounds like a fun idea - wrong side of the world for me, but pretty sure you are in a good place to find some likely prospects
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:17   #4
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Annette, I suspect a crew of four would overwhelm most of the boats heading up the ICW. At least for sailboats, four or six usually fills and crowds the cockpit. It might be more practical using something like an 18-foot Boston Whaler as a chase boat, and only putting two of you aboard the target boat while filming on it.

Depending on whether you are looking for a motor trawler or sailboat, there will be a very big difference in the journey. Have you tried a dry run on the same class of vessel in your home waters?
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 14:07   #5

Thanks! If you know of anyone cruising this part of the world ... send them my way
Old 20-03-2010, 14:10   #6

It's been mentioned to me before that a crew of 4 might be a challenge. I'm really open to the type of boat we'd travel in. I guess anything that would fit ... maybe a trawler, rather than a sailboat??

Tags
icw