Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2015, 15:42   #166

Re: More problems in Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
You better give me your milk money or else..
Aha! spoken like a true professional with years of experience.

And i did get your
Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 27-03-2015, 15:52   #167

Quote:
Everybody needs to get laid ,but you my friend can go get F#@$^&...99% of what you write is normal opinionated content the 1% of BS is unacceptable and will not have its desired affect ..
I've lived here in Colombia for 12 years, full time; prior to that, I've worked in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Dominican Republic for a Fortune 200 company. Over the years as a senior consultant, I've advised many individuals and businesses on their Latin American business plans, and some of these people were investing everything they had. I can tell you that my advice/consultations have been well received, and everyone who decided to go ahead with their corny idea once I advised against it, wrote back to me a year or two later and told me, "yea, you were right." This, after being dusted off for 7 figures.

As far as 1% of my 'opinion' as being BS, you never stated which 1%. Why don't you ask some Mexicans what they think? Your ad hom comment is a perfect example of why Mexicans think you're stupid, and why they hate you so much. I'm with the Mexicans.
Old 27-03-2015, 16:29   #168
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards26 View Post
I've lived here in Colombia for 12 years, full time; prior to that, I've worked in Mexico, Costa Rica, and Dominican Republic for a Fortune 200 company. Over the years as a senior consultant, I've advised many individuals and businesses on their Latin American business plans, and some of these people were investing everything they had. I can tell you that my advice/consultations have been well received, and everyone who decided to go ahead with their corny idea once I advised against it, wrote back to me a year or two later and told me, "yea, you were right." This, after being dusted off for 7 figures.

As far as 1% of my 'opinion' as being BS, you never stated which 1%. Why don't you ask some Mexicans what they think? Your ad hom comment is a perfect example of why Mexicans think you're stupid, and why they hate you so much. I'm with the Mexicans.
To bad you don't represent a fortune 100 company!! .. I know exactly which ones hate "me" as you put it ,but that portion of the population doesn't count for much considering that they have been co-opted by the sort of Political thought that seems to have saturated your way of thinking.. You know exactly which percentage is BS you wrote it..From the way you set up that first post I could see where someone would call you a few years later and tell you that you were right ,you probably set them up for a short sale !!
Old 27-03-2015, 16:35   #169
Marine Service Provider

Quote:

Oh yea, "I am with the Mexicans " so was Trotskey and I bet you can tell what I think about him... I do like Fredia Kalow and Diego Reveras work though..
Old 27-03-2015, 17:35   #170

Quote:
To bad you don't represent a fortune 100 company!! .. I know exactly which ones hate "me" as you put it ,but that portion of the population doesn't count for much considering that they have been co-opted by the sort of Political thought that seems to have saturated your way of thinking.. You know exactly which percentage is BS you wrote it..From the way you set up that first post I could see where someone would call you a few years later and tell you that you were right ,you probably set them up for a short sale !!

You just took the second sentence in my first post which was an opinion, and turned it into a fact.

I believe anyone's trip to Latin America will most likely be a safe one, but I think you need to be situationally aware. The other thing is, never use a tourists opinion of the safety of any given country.
Old 27-03-2015, 17:58   #171
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
You just took the second sentence in my first post which was an opinion, and turned it into a fact.

I believe anyone's trip to Latin America will most likely be a safe one, but I think you need to be situationally aware. The other thing is, never use a tourists opinion of the safety of any given country.
Yea thats right..
Old 27-03-2015, 18:44   #172

yea, i guess you're right. my suggestion of being situationally aware in Mexico as well as all of Latin America may not have been the best advice, even though situational awareness is the centerpiece of training for Officer Candidates School in the U.S. Armed Forces. there's no need for that, and anyone practicing that is a 'scaredy cat'.

so carry on, and remember to never ever be situationally aware, no need for it....everyone loves you here.
Old 27-03-2015, 19:30   #173
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
yea, i guess you're right. my suggestion of being situationally aware in Mexico as well as all of Latin America may not have been the best advice, even though situational awareness is the centerpiece of training for Officer Candidates School in the U.S. Armed Forces. there's no need for that, and anyone practicing that is a 'scaredy cat'.

so carry on, and remember to never ever be situationally aware, no need for it....everyone loves you here.
What has situational awarness have to do with that stupid link you posted, everyone can agree with what you wrote but that link is BS and you know it..You must be a fisherman so i gave you a fish, there..now come back and post something else that will be a little less "insipid".. If not for Al Gore(an American) you people that hate us so much would not be able to access the internet to tell us how much you hate us,he invented after all..ha ha ha
Old 27-03-2015, 19:34   #174

Boat: Homebuilt schooner 64 ft. Sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortClydeMe View Post
What? I'm just pointing out US State Dept. travel warnings for folks who may not be aware. I occasionally toss in a cat taco story for a little spice. Kind of like a jalapeņo.

Who's we? Some don't.

Thanks. We will. Armed. And not in Mexico, the southern Philippines, and all of Africa except Cape Town.

Sail safe, Stu.
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen anyone give so much credence to a State Department Warning. I guess it give you a reason to not go to a place you really don't want to go to. It is called ''Case Building''. Not necessary, just don't go. No need to try to scare other folks.
Old 27-03-2015, 19:42   #175

Boat: Norseman 447

I love Mexico and it's people! I'm finally back after 9 yrs sailing around the world. Looked forward to it the whole time. There's 1 or 2 bad people anywhere you go that can place a bad tag on any country. Zee, see you in Bara soon!

Greg. Sv Cocokai
Currently Hualtulco, Mexico

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 27-03-2015, 19:48   #176

[QUOTE=cards26;1786764...........even though situational awareness is the centerpiece of training for Officer Candidates School in the U.S. Armed Forces. there's no need for that, and anyone practicing that is a 'scaredy cat'.

so carry on, and remember to never ever be situationally aware, no need for it....everyone loves you here.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you misunderstood, wouldn't be the first time.

...situational awareness is important wherever you are. At all times.

The s-c crack was for the "don't go to MX - you'll automatically get killed or be forced to eat cat taco in 1995" crowd.

Catalina 34 #224 (1986) C34IA Secretary
Cowichan Bay, BC, SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)
Old 27-03-2015, 19:58   #177

Quote:
What has situational awarness have to do with that stupid link you posted, everyone can agree with what you wrote but that link is BS and you know it..You must be a fisherman so i gave you a fish, there..now come back and post something else that will be a little less "insipid".. If not for Al Gore(an American) you people that hate us so much would not be able to access the internet to tell us how much you hate us,he invented after all..ha ha ha

what stupid link? the DEA?
Old 27-03-2015, 20:03   #178

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
Na.....I'm retired remember and for a hobby I like to poke fools with a stick just for the fun of it...
Careful Rich according to Port, you'll loose your customer base...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Nova View Post
$1 says he hasn't reached puberty.
Correct...I think he lives in his mothers basement and on the cpu 24/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg4cocokai View Post
I love Mexico and it's people!
Yup...taste just like chicken
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 27-03-2015, 20:16   #179
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
what stupid link? the DEA?
There you go, now your smoking the good stuff..
Old 27-03-2015, 20:23   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
Nope, you misunderstood, wouldn't be the first time.

...situational awareness is important wherever you are. At all times.

The s-c crack was for the "don't go to MX - you'll automatically get killed or be forced to eat cat taco in 1995" crowd.

no, i didn't misunderstand. in my second post, i brought up situational awareness, and tropical said i was 'opinionated'. i was only referring to his comment with the 'don't be situationally aware'. that was sarcasm and doesn't translate to well when it's written. go back and read the comments in order, and you'll see.

i'm only saying that if you're up for the trip, then go for it, but you're not in kansas anymore.

i have no complaint with portclyde, if he doesn't like the place, then he shouldn't come. he's entitled to any opinion he wants, but i think he's more right than wrong.

i've only had two problems in Mexico, one in San Blas, just north of Puerto Vallarta, where a guy who was not an employee of the lot, demanded $5 from me to park my rental jeep at the beach. that was ok, even though locals probably get charged $1. he then pulled a machete on me, thinking that he needed to persuade me, and that was totally uncalled for; i would have given him the money without the machete.

the second problem wasn't so easily resolved. i once belonged to a 'sports dating' club in Los Angleles, and we had a trip to Ensenada. i hooked up with 2 extremely strong looking, atheletic appearing women, and another man about 55, and the four of us went for a walk.

a car load of men pulled up and got out, and you could see they weren't collecting for the Red Cross; they were trying to rob us. the two very able women went midevil on these Mexicans, kicking and punching them furiously. the Mexicans had these big wrenches, and i'm afraid the gentleman with us was beaten pretty badly with them. he really got hurt. i stood and watched the whole thing, it happened pretty fast, nothing i could do, nobody approached me, i was about 50 at the time. i think the Mexicans were freaked out instantly with the fighting power of the women we were with. they saw we were up there in age, and they thought the woman wouldn't do anything.

now in my first post on this thread, i said to have a flash wallet. instead of fighting with these guys, if the women and the other man pulled out a wallet stuffed with phony bills, we could have returned to the bar and had some serious laughs.
Closed Thread

Tags
Mexico