Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 12:13   #1
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
World Cruising Club at Annapolis Boat Show

The various cruising rallies--Caribbean 1500, Atlantic Cup, ARC Europe, and World ARC come up here from time to time. Those of you planning to go to the boat show">Annapolis Boat Show have the opportunity to meet the World Cruising Club folks and find out more about their events.

I just got this email from the WCC, so I thought I'd pass it along in case anyone is interested in talking with them...
Quote:
World Cruising Club at US Sailboat Show, Annapolis MD

Are you coming to the US Sailboat Show at Annapolis, MD?
If you are, come along and say Hi to the World Cruising Club team. We are at the Show on the Parasailor booth, beside Tent C, location 39A/B.

This is your chance to meet the representatives of the World Cruising Club in person to ask about our events: Caribbean 1500, Atlantic Cup, ARC Europe or the World ARC round the world rally. And of course, we are happy to welcome participants from our previous events to the stand as well! It is always great to hear your news and catch up.

Our show cell number is 410 570 2087 (Thurs thru Sunday only).

The US Sailboat Show takes place from October 6 thru 10th from 10am to 6pm. For more information about the show and travel connections, see: http://www.usboat.com/us-sailboat-show/home

If you want to learn more about the events and seminars of the World Cruising Club, please visit our website: www.worldcruising.com or call Rick & Julie on 757-788-8872 or email us on carib1500@worldcruising.com - we would love to hear from you.
If you see Rick and Julie Palm there, say "Hi" for me!
Old 12-10-2011, 14:29   #2

Re: World Cruising Club at Annapolis Boat Show

Hud,
I didn't get a chance to see Rick or Julie at the boat show on Saturday, however, I did take my wife to the World Cruising Club Ocean Sailing Forum and for me it was a great success: My wife really got into the idea of sailing as part of a larger group, like the in the Caribbean 1500.

The Ocean Sailing Forum was held in a conveniently located hotel about a 15 minute walk from the Annapolis Sailboat Show and cost $17/pp, which included a free ticket to the Show and breakfast. Breakfast, a give and take with some very experienced sailors and a free ticket to the show was well worth the price of entry.

The Forum was thorough and well paced and what really grabbed my wife's attention was hearing the panel discuss the idea of fear, fear of the unknown, wind, waves and weather.

Knowing that the World Cruising Club rally's are designed to help sailors before, during and after the journey gave her more confidence than I could have hoped for.

All-in-all, the Forum, the Sailboat Show and weather made for great day.

Yado.
YADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 14:36   #3

Boat: Camano Troll 31'

And here I am, in California, while my (soon to be) new (for me) boat is on the hard in Anapolis. I couldn't even get to the show.
Old 12-10-2011, 15:53   #4

Hey Don,
Congratulations on your new purchase. She looks cared for and comfortable, just like my wife
YADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2011, 03:55   #5
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Thanks for the note, Yado. A lot of folks find the Carib1500 to be a great way to get into offshore sailing. During the pre-rally prep phase they always do a series of roundtable discussions for the women. Women who've sailed to the islands share their experiences and feelings on a number of topics that help the first-timer know what to expect. It's a very informative and supportive setting for someone who is experiencing that inevitable "fear of the unknown".

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show, cruising, cruising club