Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-07-2010, 22:14   #61

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Beyond All Recognition

What utterly narcissistic sociopathic behavior. She had to be stonned out of her gourd to mess with valves on an operating main power plant.(Not to mention all the rest) I have encountered odd behavior on the part of people obsessed with drugs and hostile social disfunction myself. Fortunately I was at the dock the whole time. Perhaps this problem merits a spirited thread...hmmmm.

Glad you and your vessel are essentially unharmed. It seems you are still underway.. safe voyage home.

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:18   #62

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
For the price of an anchor, I would have disposed of her when she sabotaged the engine.
Your too passive and good natured.
My thoughts exactly!

Mae West
senormechanico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:20   #63

Boat: PETERSON 44
over hear on the omlette cruise ( also known as sailing with my younger woman) we are thinking we may need some help could you forward a message to see if she is available. Im impressed by how she kept her cool while the boat was on fire.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 13:36   #64
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
She was neither sane, normal, or experienced. BEST WISHES in finding crew in the future.......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 13:52   #65

Boat: Hardin SeaWolf 38 - Natasha
planks were made for walking...
you're level of patience is truly impressive.
i've had nightmare crew but my experiences pale in comparison. congrats on surviving the ordeal.
svnatasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 14:51   #66

Location: hailing port: Pensacola on the stern, bodies in Fort Myers
Boat: Prout Snowgoose 37'
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
over hear on the omlette cruise ( also known as sailing with my younger woman) we are thinking we may need some help could you forward a message to see if she is available. Im impressed by how she kept her cool while the boat was on fire.
Yes, she would definitely add something NEW to the omelettes!

~ACat
AquatiCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:03   #67

Boat: Nonsuch 30 Ultra
Ah, I see you've met my sister.
pbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:01   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by psteele235 View Post
You were far too generous in allowing her to continue after the extra day in Gib - that would have been the end of her for me.

I would've keel hauled her ass to get her to smarten upNothing like a cold water dousing to wake one's mind!

As for your 'friend' who sent this piece of crap to your boat, I'd send him the bill for ALL damages while she was aboard, including the time WASTED waiting on her shore excursions, airfare, etc. And if he did not feel obligated to pay up I would ask to speak with his soon to be ex wife

Leaving dope on your boat then notifying authorities is tantamount to setting you up to lose your vessel!! If I EVER find anyone bringing dope or guns or anything else illegal aboard my vessels...all I can say is "is that a whale over there?, OOPS! Your dumbass just fell overboard and here's your contraband to keep you afloat, land is that> way!"

It happened one time to me in Jamaica, when I took aboard a friend of a friend from California to crew over to Panama. I had let him board in the Bahamas and sailed down to Castle Rock Light and thought he was 'ok', as he was doing all that i asked without complaint. Once we got to Jamaica though he was out every night partying until late like 2-3am. I like to have my vessel secured at midnight regardless of where I am or what's going on. He refused to comply, and then I found he was out buying pot and bringing it back aboard MY vessel and leaving it in the hanging locker in his duffel. Up until that day I had never searched anyone's belongings coming aboard any of my boats. The day I found the pot was the last day of that. It was an awfully hot and humid morning when I smelt something odorus coming from the wet locker. I figured it must've been an unwashed foulie, nope I then decided to seek the source and there it was a 6 ounce bag of pot!! When he awoke from his stupor I was busy tossing all his belongings onto the dock in P' Antonio much to the delight of the barflies hanging out getting a morning rumI then proceeded to call in the cops and have him arrested and have Customs and Immigration notified that he was no longer on my crew and was now their problem They were happy to obilge and hauled him off to jail. I hope he's still there!!
CastOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:09   #69

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
I'm truly glad you and the boat are ok. It could have been much more disastrous for you. Your crew was a mule obviously looking for a way to transport drugs without having to go through an airport with them.
regards,
Old 02-08-2010, 12:10   #70
Writing Full-Time Since 2014

Boat: PDQ Altair, 32/34
I feel better about single-handing now... if the alternative is crew I cannot completely trust and enjoy.
Old 02-08-2010, 13:03   #71

Boat: Brewer 44
WOW! that is UNBELIEVABLE...i was wincing the entire time reading this... so sorry to hear it. just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. glad you and your boat are (for the most part), okay! good riddance to the crazy chick. yikes.
windtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 19:11   #72

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'
Don’t you just love them? (Pure sarcasm!) To date I have a couple of runs with a similar species of pest. The latest being ex-navy really should have known better. Theses nuisances come in all shapes and sizes and wear all sorts of disguises.

Nevertheless a common denominator seems to be the abuse of alcohol or some other illicit drug such as marijuana to the point where it has permanently affected these fools’ mentalities. My worst experience to date was an obvious victim of these addictions and I should have known better than to even let him board my ship. While the ex-navy fellow was not a “junkie” he was still the sort who enjoyed a beer before noon and I can remember his female companion criticising him for recently sharing a “bong”. Lucky customs did not find one of these or some other incriminating implement that in your naivety you might have been overlooked. Likewise, I would not be surprised if any of my mutineers discovered this post I would soon receive threats of a defamation suit.

On the bright side I am now definitely happy I bought a ship perfect for single-handed passage making with just enough room if necessary for myself, my daughter and maybe a female companion. If I do take anyone onboard it is a pity I am going to have to spell out some rules like a real Captain Bligh (noting he was actually an admirable seaman and one of my heroes) but as I am more than happy to state there’s no room for mutineers on my little ship!
Old 02-08-2010, 19:17   #73

8oz of pot is a lot of pot.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:54   #74

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
The problem with a "Gold List" is if someone is recommended, and is taken on board based on that recommendation, and turns into "The crew member from Hell" will the "Gold List" website be held liable? I see a big law suit in the works. Of course 1-800-Dentist does this sort of thing, too, and they must have liability insurance. So there must be a legal way around it.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1500 View Post
The problem with a "Gold List" is if someone is recommended, and is taken on board based on that recommendation, and turns into "The crew member from Hell" will the "Gold List" website be held liable? I see a big law suit in the works. Of course 1-800-Dentist does this sort of thing, too, and they must have liability insurance. So there must be a legal way around it.
Simply state that "This is a list of personal recommendations and is not endorsed by this website as being verifiable or a guarantee of competence. The information is made available on an 'as-is' basis."
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote