Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > The Sailor's Confessional
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2013, 08:18   #46

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
Re: Am I The Only Guy Mad When I See A Mooring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sww914 View Post
Somehow I prefer dentists that treat you well, are available, give you their cell number and charge you something fair to the US dentists that verbally abuse you while they stretch your rectum beyond it's limits.
I went to a quack in Alameda who, after I told him what I needed, proceeded to tell me to relax, he would take care of eveything. He used up all my deductible, did nothing but x-rays and models and wanted another $5K to go further. Yes...my rectum was stretched.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
work is less pricey and dentists are less pricey down the lane here----but no one will ever know this as yáll dont bother to get here. this is MEXICO.
you guys are playing in gringoville. come on down and appreciate the place--you will be sooo amazed at the pricing and the technology here, closer to mexico city and guadalajara.
so it rains. big deal--we have more temperate climate than desert baja any and every day of week
the best ever injection pump rebuider is close to my locale--dont even try to do this in baja gringoville---
my injector pump and my ift pump an dmy transmission heat exchanger rebuilt--all 3-- for UNDER 300 usd. is actually 2973 pesos----rodlmao--and exchange rate favors me impressively--i pay in pesos--therefore the price, with 12.9 as rate of exchange, is under 250 usd..

so-you guys remain up there in gringoville and dont come here and ruin my fun.
i love it here--i am totally refitting my boat here... major work being done...for only 1/10 what you will pay in la paz and gringoville.
there are also many perkins and westerbeke parts available here as buses and forklifts and tractors all use these engines. i am in heaven for boat repair.

and we willnot even mention hard woods and pricing.....snerk.....

and IFF you know how to do it, this is one of the best anchorages i have found yet. th eholding sukks if you do not do it barra style....
Easy, now Zee...You spent your fair shre up north. Let us have our jollies...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 08:22   #47

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
It's not a bad place to be stuck, except July-September.

Do you have a marina reservation yet? We split from Marina La Paz about a month ago and they told us the fall has been fully reserved for a long time now.
No I don't. I'll probably anchor awhile and dinghy in...I hope. By the way...is there dry storage from April on in La Paz?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2013, 08:25   #48
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i didnt go to desertville nor anywhere in hbaja while i have been here--i went there before i went sailing---isnt where i wantd to be , so i missed the bit about reservations required for the overcrowded marinas--reminiscent of usa--is because all there are from usa or canada...all gringos--i dont go to places requoiring resewrvations. i left to leave that bs and nonesense. i travel in and to and with loveliness and cannt be uptight or angry with situations you can do nothing about.

and if you guys remember correctly, my only major losses here have been to CRUISERS who sail baja stealing my charts as i watched em leave my boat in mazatlan.
i was awake for " la noche de los bandidos" in ensenada, and have experienced no problems where gringos dont stay over summer.

sheep flock.
i aint no stinkin sheep

i respect and enjoy mexico--the folks are so much more friendly than |"our own kind", for some reason--mebbe money as they see dollar signs before their broke eyes.

btw--in water storage of boats in this marina is 25 cents per foot per day per month. there is a year round rate that seems to be acceptable to some folks, as there are these long term souls here.
bumfuzzles were here for jova in 2011, and i am here now--

btw--manuel was a total dud..lol hopefully he stays that way.

btw--no one is stuck anywhere they dont want to be stuck--i had runaway deisel here----gods are with me as the repair was soooo awesomely in my favor--but these folks dont often see gringos coming to have their stuff rebuilt--it IS a 140 mile ride inland--round trip--and is worth every peso we paid in taxi fare an d fun in the process...i do not feel stuck even while immobile....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mooring