Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > The Sailor's Confessional
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2016, 20:32   #31
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

Quote:
. a huge island the size of Asia
Meh think Antartica is a continent rather than an island.
Old 22-04-2016, 21:02   #32

Boat: Alloy Peterson 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
I hear there is 10k miles of ice between that wall and the actual edge. That's why people can't find it. Nothing sold to the public can travel 10k miles over or under the ice. Especially without navigational aids.

It's all so obvious to my vivid imagination.

I think I might have sailed along its edge for as long as they'd let me.

Snowpetrel, did you ever get approached by a governing body down there?
10k miles of ice is reassuring! Maybe I wasnt as close to the edge as I thought.

Yes the authorities were very interested in my activities, and the ones I met with down there spoke a strange language. But understood enough english to ask us "do you have authoisation to visit?" Fortunately I did.

The clothing worn on our first meeting was unusual to say the least, but they had lots of potent beverages and a pool table so I was happy enough, until the next morning, when I wished the beverage had been less potent and less available.

There is a video kicking about of our voyage south

And a book if you needed to glean anymore info

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/aw/d/B0...=1&pc_redir=T1

I worked for a short while dowm there for the authorities, but I am sworn to secrecy...
Old 22-04-2016, 21:03   #33

Boat: Landlocked right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue Blues View Post
Mainly because there is absolutely zero physical evidence suggesting otherwise. ...
Deep Blue Blues is right and Eratosthenes was wrong!

I can prove it. Just take a paper map of the world and wrap it around a spherical object (i.e. a ball) IT DOES NOT FIT!

If this is not compelling evidence that the earth is flat like the map, I don't know what is... (and I should know having achieved a MSc in Astronomy and working on my PhD in Astrophysics right now analysing the metallicity of host starts in exoplanetary systems.)
adoxograph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 22:02   #34

Boat: Lagoon 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
The earth's volume is approximately 1.083e24 liters.

Assume that you pump 1 liter each second.
Before you start to pressurize it, just inflating it will take 34,000 trillion years.
I'm sure I could pump 2 liters per second, so that would cut the time in half!
Wherever we want to go, we go. That's what a ship is you know - it's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs. But what a ship is...really is, is freedom. ~Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack Sparrow
krafthaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 22:14   #35

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpetrel View Post

I worked for a short while dowm there for the authorities, but I am sworn to secrecy...
An enjoyable book too!

Dunno about all this flat earth stuff though....kinda hard to figure out how I can start in one direction and come back to my own start (without changing directions) on a flat plane....but hey, Im just a lowly logistics coordinator.....
Sea Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 22:38   #36

Boat: Krogen 58' Xiao Xiu
Send a message via MSN to JayCall

Some are reputed to be able to see Russia from Wasila, AK, proving the Earth is flat!
JayCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 22:51   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpetrel View Post
10k miles of ice is reassuring! Maybe I wasnt as close to the edge as I thought.

Yes the authorities were very interested in my activities, and the ones I met with down there spoke a strange language. But understood enough english to ask us "do you have authoisation to visit?" Fortunately I did.

The clothing worn on our first meeting was unusual to say the least, but they had lots of potent beverages and a pool table so I was happy enough, until the next morning, when I wished the beverage had been less potent and less available.

There is a video kicking about of our voyage south

Totally got a new hero. Very very very cool. So inspiring. Thank you. My dads name is John too. I hope to convince him and my son to go adventuring like you guys have. Well done. I'm subscribed.
Deep Blue Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 22:53   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dreaming View Post
An enjoyable book too!

Dunno about all this flat earth stuff though....kinda hard to figure out how I can start in one direction and come back to my own start (without changing directions) on a flat plane....but hey, Im just a lowly logistics coordinator.....
Not flat, but hollow! The magnetic south pole point's straight "down" because down is actually pointing outward. Ships sailing over the horizon is an optical illusion caused by diffraction of light caused by the thicker atmosphere that light from distant objects passes through. Except for that that effect we could watch ships sail around the world using a simple telescope. Stars and extra-galactic phenomena are merely atmospheric effects akin to St Elmo's fire. The fact that cosmic observations (expanding universe, low metal stars with exoplanets, missing dark matter) are so puzzling and defy our sense of logic proves that astronomical observations are merely mirage.

There is no outside. If you were to dig far enough "down" into the ground you would eventually pop "up" through another continent (or seabed if you are unlucky) due to wormhole shortcuts predicted by General Relativity.

If you think this is far fetched and counter-intuitive then you are just not wise in the ways of science.
RigelKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2016, 23:02   #39

You guys are funny. I dunno about the astro physics but I know if you grab the mast with your right hand and stretch out your left hand, you'll notice as you walk around the mast, your left hand is somehow able to move "around" the pole.

Now imagine the mast is the north pole and your left hand is the south pole. Crazy huh.
Old 22-04-2016, 23:15   #40

Totally believe that Admiral Byrd visited the hollow earth at the north pole.

And the wormhole goes deep with you Rigel Kent. We might need to start a whole thread on that. Get adoxograph to double check it for you.
Old 23-04-2016, 04:31   #41
CLOD

Boat: none

Since the Earth is flat, shouldn't we use a different word for sailing "around" it than circumnavigation?
Old 23-04-2016, 06:20   #42

Boat: Sandibar 35

The proof is in Snowpetrel's video at 0:52min. See how the flags are pointing in opposite direction. How could that happen, were the earth round?
Sandibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 07:22   #43

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by krafthaus View Post
I'm sure I could pump 2 liters per second, so that would cut the time in half!

That would leave you 17 trillion years free to go sailing!

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:01   #44

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Dont tell anyone, but I think the earth is flat.

I don't want to neutralize everyone here, so let me just advise in a conversational way, without specifics, that the earth is, in fact, flat as a pancake. Well, not really a pancake: too thick, more like a crepe, or a tortilla, with a circumference of ~ 25K miles (40K km).

The center of the "earth" is located at 90°S. This spot was originally called Area 51. The magnetic stuff we think we know is just manipulated "data", which is misinformation offered by our controllers to present a cognitive model for smart people. The other 99.99999% of the people are controlled directly by television family sitcom sublimity technology. If you don't watch television, you are one of the smarter people.

Rumors that the top dog is the infamous and nefarious Dr. Sheldon Cooper from CalTech are untrue. Nor is Kelly Cockatoo really sleeping with Leonard. Come on!
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2016, 08:13   #45

Boat: Cartwright 36 Cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to SVTwilight

I just looked outside at the water in the harbor in front of my house on Cape Cod, all FLAT.

When were were in Anarctica a few years ago the water there, also FLAT (although we did experience a spunky Force 9 for three days in the Drake passage). However, the Ozone hole is real, got a wicked sunburn in about 20 minutes!

I visited the Panama canal last week and all the water there: FLAT.

I flew by the Fiji islands last month and, you guessed it, the water all around was FLAT.

I flew over the Black sea in Feb, all the water was black and FLAT,

Since water covers 70% of the earth's surface, isn't it completely obvious that the world MUST be flat?
SVTwilight is offline   Reply With Quote