Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2011, 20:28   #1

Boat: PETERSON 44
Land Pirate

I hauled out last Tuesday fir a bottom paint. Confess it was overdue. The routine gas been go to work in dc 19 hours plus 2 hours driving.up a 5;30 and back about 5:30 sand until it's too dark then service thru hulls etc. So I'm pretty friggin whipped. This morning I over slept. But was awoken by someone walking on my boat. I was groggy which is good. anty way I hit the hull with my hand alerting the perp that I was aboard. In the moments I was taking to piece together what was really going on he got away.this is a really nice marina and I didn't expect this.. I was already late but chased ariund the marina in my truck and went to a b
Neighboring marina.I didn't clean up around the boat . I get back here this evening and my 2 really good extension cords are stolen.so I run out get new cords sand Like mad. Launch day is Monday then it's off 3 weeks of cruising. Crappy day. An employee called me and asks if my truck takes diesel or gas. Diesel what do I do if I out gas in it? How much ? I had her fill it with diesel and added conditioner.
.but this can't be good.tommorow sand and paint Sunday paint and finish work Monday Monday Monday launch and goooo . If I survive this.. I think the guy /pirate was driving a black Saturn yard is in Annapolis in benne beach rd. Lock your boat up if your in thus area
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 20:41   #2

Boat: M/V Carquinez Coot
Re: Land pirate

Sit down, relax the arms and neck, take slow, deep breaths ...
Old 08-07-2011, 22:01   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

The Bastard!
It can always be worse...the woman down the street just had her house burn down.
Sorry mate.
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:43   #4

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38

Perhaps hauling the ladder up on deck would help? Our club is really down on people leaving ladders unlocked on the ground or against the boats' side. We have to take them down and chain them up every time we leave. So if I'm aboard over night, I haul the thing up on deck. I lashed a 2x4 to the toerail so that I could slide the ladder up and down and apply leverage to get the bottom end out to the required distance. The ladder is aluminum and lashed to stay open at full extension if I'm planning a night on board. This way I do have some leverage on the top end.

Sabre
SabreKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 19:06   #5

Boat: PETERSON 44
I guess the good news is I scared the guy off my truck with diluted fuel seems okay and I have 1 coat left to put on the bottom. Then it's sailing 4 three weeks. Bad news youth has left me. I'm so fsore from sa ding and rolling bottom paint.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:31   #6

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
Re: Land Pirate

I know how that feels. this year, getting up n down that ladder is brutal. Both my knees went out earlier this summer and even though I've had cortisone shots, they are still a joy as I climb up and down. I try to plan things now so there's only one up and one down. I think when it comes time to strip the old bottom paint I'm going to hire some school kids and feed them beer and steaks after the fact. I'm already doing that to get my time in at the club. My body just ain't what it used to be.

I did find an easier way to buff the sides though, Put your buffing machine on a lanyard and attach it to the life lines with a carabiner. Let it hang, all you need to do is heave it from side to side. I learned that off a tank welder. Grinding miles of welds taught him that trick.
Sabre
SabreKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 14:00   #7
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Land Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabray View Post
This morning I over slept. But was awoken by someone walking on my boat. I was groggy which is good. anty way I hit the hull with my hand alerting the perp that I was aboard. In the moments I was taking to piece together what was really going on he got away.this is a really nice marina and I didn't expect this..
Sad thing is that sounds like a boat owner
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote