Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-06-2021, 23:05   #1
cruiser

Luff

I'd like to thank community.
Making my life easier.

Years and years ago my lover and I watched high speed collision of seagull and stay. Breakneck speed.

Yet I love opening throats of beasts up such that they can breathe and use energy of system.
Stuff sucking a bird into a turbine so that I may pleasure myself dancing with their home.
Thanks so much..
Looked at bigger mast strengths yet issue of more blockage into breathing becomes apparent with unstable eyes.
Cheers regarding Junk. Will be reduced throat access on one tack but at least she's a breathing beast capable of dancing with our wild life.
Suck it up sloop.. (I couldn't resist).

Ironically. Lots of hulls to suit my wants. All sloops, ketchs, etc. Can learn again and switch to stay less later when stay less and traveling.

True such a great tale aye.

This great too.
The rhyme of the ancient Mariner.
https://youtu.be/OSDZj_jh5cE

Wishing you mariners preferred winds to build your strengths too.
Love N
CruiseN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2021, 07:34   #2

Boat: no boat any more
Re: Luff

fool or troll (or both...?)-why f..up a great forum with your nonsense?
Old 25-06-2021, 07:13   #3
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by double u View Post
fool or troll (or both...?)-why f..up a great forum with your nonsense?
Sailing ain't always favourable winds.
Makes sense to me to favour a storm spinnaker, lead edge with a torqued luff, depower the mainsail and feed the system all the way around leeward to reduce stress, improve pace and reduce a beating by beating harder. Or sailing alot more difficult although sheets are less tensioned.
Just choices made.. can we accelerate to get out of spillage into a thrust underway or are we clothed warm to get wet, get cold , go backwards whilst pointing forward and hope the system will hurry up and pass.

I'm probably both fool and troll. And mirror.
Whilst taking look of idiot, others can Mindstorms and decide snippets of their usage.

I don't want to work on boats. I hate getting slabbed by storm fronts. In past 1 out of big cruising fleet had radiator engine coolant. Everyone else running sea water coolant (plus 1 hole in hull).

I'd rather look like a fool here bro whilst fishing for ideas. Trawling, trolling. Close enough.
Old 25-06-2021, 07:55   #4
cruiser

BTW. Did watch a seagull break his neck on a stay. I didn't like that.

My foolish trolling did get me information though and I thank you for that. I see this as mindstorm, eg wright or wrong, just launch it and decision maker would be spilling more than just reads from here regarding his detail.
I would have never looked at a Junk Rig if it wasn't for a member mentioning such.
Now I have the go ahead to offer purchase to a hull and accessories, researching ship Junk rig eg bow to stern, tall mast, taller mast, shortest mast.
Yet remember a true tale of a local racing sloop, lost tiller, sailed in tacking up channel, reducing to luff upon mooring or wharf. That's talent. Ship rig should be easier to learn with if fits.
We've all had different lessons. If I secure that vessel, first thing we'll be practicing is abandoned helm coming too , going about until fluent in lesser winds. Why not?
Not sure if I wanna do the work building vessel though.. breathing epoxy to water seal keelson and flood chambers ain't my priority. Neither is aligning and etc,etc.

Yet I do thank forum.. nice looking rig. Single sail that tunes to both lift and spill. Awesome technology. We get lift from mainsail on Bermuda but I can't see as much as that Junk would.
Nor bother to tired crew when needed to remove force of mains luff and launch something that torques with the wind.

An already polluted planet.
Old 25-06-2021, 08:01   #5

Boat: Bristol 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseN View Post
I'd like to thank community.
Making my life easier.

Years and years ago my lover and I watched high speed collision of seagull and stay. Breakneck speed.
I believe Johnathan Livingston Seagull's top speed was well over 100 mph! (during one of his high-speed dives)

That would easily be breakneck speed.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=jona...f6Wkrhtdfwa-UM
thomm225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2021, 08:10   #6
cruiser

My mistake. Busted wheel cables. Couldn't be bothered attaching emergency tiller. Wasn't an emergency!
Starts with learning leeward flow system IMHO. Pretty much all my teachers started us on that.
Old 25-06-2021, 08:18   #7
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomm225 View Post
I believe Johnathan Livingston Seagull's top speed was well over 100 mph! (during one of his high-speed dives)

That would easily be breakneck speed.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=jona...f6Wkrhtdfwa-UM
Ouch.
Admiring their way of sail too.
I used to walk local ship channel river, picking up garbage to reduce marine strain of pollution. Eventually walking with no garbage to collect and down to 1 plastic bag every 4 kms underway in river.
Dolphin pod of 6 circled my canine and I soon afterwards whilst swimming across channel. Guessing a great white had scented dog.
Marine and Harbours gave me a warning about that 1; not allowed to swim in 12 fathom shipping lane.
They're all smart as..
Alot of life below the hull.
Within 2 years, 4 of 7 calves past away; pollution, boat props, IDK causes.
Fair passages to you all and thanks again regarding information that I'm using.
Old 25-06-2021, 18:29   #8
cruiser

No apologies for going on..
Luff. Loose.

Simply imagining a system that favours lift.
Problem of acceleration requiring strong mast to counter gusts until system set up and flowing.
Square rigs would probably open sail from mast top to get clear. Build up flow, open up next sail, build flow, eventually all flowing having minimised start up oscillation forces on spars.

Junk. Opening upward. At disadvantage to square rig. But same thing. Building flow strength to reduce oscillation forces on mast. Can also spill though. Fanned sections.

Sloop. Different preference. Spill system. Keep spilling until flow cleans luff. But fixed LUFF can be AVOIDED via launching a spinnaker to ATTRACT winds entrance.

I argue with wind too. Simply learning.
Hears to all the trippers out there, listening to wind.

Down this way, gibberish is often wrong but when asked about corrected on learning path flowing from an idea that was heard,read, thought about.

Cheers for the leading edge lead sail rig idea .
That's what I think about a load of Junk.