Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > The Sailor's Confessional
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2009, 16:58   #46

Adding my two cents: Things in a marriage should work both ways period. If you get to sail, she should be allowed to go off and do her own thing equally. Ideally she and you should sail together and share the decisions, while sharing the joy as well..... I've personally witnessed a handful of relationships like I just described. Most marriages in the US and Europe, I witness, are not like that at all.... The wife usually becomes the "Admiral"; I know this is a running joke, but its the sad truth. Most husbands in this country are whipped beyond belief. I know this isn't applicabile in all relationships, but it sure seems the norm. I sent my "Admiral" packin' 15 years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done. Let it fly!!!!
Trebek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 18:09   #47
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by artisthos View Post
“You are so selfish, you don’t care, you abandoned us, our marriage will never be the same, I hate you, etc.”

Who is selfish?

I think it is those wives and families that won't let us go on our well earned reward holiday.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 19:58   #48

artisthos: They will conjure up many emotional reasons for you not to live your dreams.

But what they really want is a man that will stay true to his manhood and not listen to all that BS. If ya try to negotiate, and meet halfway; most will not respect you. Most women like the bad boys who can't be tamed. They don't respect the men that can compromise. They crap on nice men who just want to keep the peace... I know I'm being quite unfair to the many cool women out there, but I have seen this again and again... I'm just jaded with American and European women, many are way too spoiled. Don't like to lump all the fish into one barrel, but I will put 90 percent into the barrel and apologize to the rest of them that are wonderful.
Trebek1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
open water, danger