Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2010, 11:28   #31

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
Umm..... there's no delicate way to put this, but it was full moon only a few days ago. The next new moon is 11th July.
I rest my case.

New moons, full moons, now you can see what a confusing time this is.

Which way is up?
Old 30-06-2010, 11:35   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
I rest my case.

New moons, full moons, now you can see what a confusing time this is.

Which way is up?

Hmmm.. I just posted the smiley and the forum responded "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters." so I'll compliment you on your new avatar photo. Very nice.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:46   #33

Awww, thank you
Old 30-06-2010, 12:24   #34
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

"Stirring isn't nice"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Kate
I cant imagain why you might mention the mooncup thing but hey ho. Eeeewwwww.
Another difference.... And this is more a difference of opinion. He says I stir too much, and then revel in people's reactions. He's wrong of course. I don't think I stir very often at all. My mum says I'm an angel, and I would never stir.

Except on this occasion. Clearly I mentioned it to stir. But I have to admit, the response has been way funnier than I was hoping for. Thank you for making me giggle.

SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 16:07   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
You're a lot closer than you think…

This is why I always Google first.
I prefer just to get into trouble and then to try and Google my way out later. It's more of challenge that way.
Old 30-06-2010, 17:27   #36
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
I'm not certain I agree with you here. A case in point: we have a large counter separating the galley and the dinette that is wasted space about 99% of the time. Being a pragmatist at heart, I've proposed that we install a medium-sized bench vice on that counter so that my boat projects can be conducted with greater efficiency and thus be less disruptive of life aboard. How's that for sensitive? But she refuses even to discuss the possibilities.
Subjectively Bash… I totally agree with you and would want the vice, but now …with my new found sensitivity I can see why some more objective person might consider that a technically selfish solution based on a man’s focus.

Perhaps if you were to explain it more as a clamp for a lovely flower vase you just bought her……. Well eermh!…… we can dream can’t we?...
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 18:54   #37

Boat: Islander 36
Where to start?

She's much smaller than me, so getting past her in the cabin is one difference that really works. (read-I'm getting fat)

She loves to cook. (read-I'm getting fat)

She has a beautiful brown complexion (much better than my rolls of white fat)

Now that I've contributed to the subject of the thread, let's get back to the thread drift. Mooncups. Sorry if that sounds perverted.

Very difficult to find the conventional... things... here in Indonesia. So when I travel back to the States, I have a shopping list which includes... the conventional things. Hate to pack boxes of them in my luggage, and hate to come back without them. So now, thanks once again to this forum, I have learned of an alternative that at least a couple of forum members have given an inadvertent testimonial to.

Every now and again we learn here of a "must have" item that we had no idea it existed. I wonder if the sales of those items notice any spikes to their sales that can be attributed to this forum.

Now, back to the subject.

That brown skin that I love. Being Asian, she works at getting ... less brown. The color that would make my... rolls of white fat look less menjijikkan (disgusting). So the difference means that cruising (sun exposure) is less appealing to her. She's great on the boat. I just have to keep her away from other brown people. They tend to remind her when her color has become more rich than theirs.
Old 30-06-2010, 18:57   #38

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
If thats not bad enough the multiple knot tie-er is LEFT handed.
Woe is me.
Hey, lay off eh...
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 20:38   #39

Location: Northern British Columbia, part of the time in Prince Rupert and part of the time on Moresby Island.
Boat: 50-ft steel Ketch
Send a message via MSN to Astrid Send a message via Yahoo to Astrid
Quote:
That brown skin that I love. Being Asian, she works at getting ... less brown. The color that would make my... rolls of white fat look less menjijikkan (disgusting). So the difference means that cruising (sun exposure) is less appealing to her. She's great on the boat. I just have to keep her away from other brown people. They tend to remind her when her color has become more rich than theirs.
Curious how us fair skinned people often want to be thoroughly tanned while the opposite is true of those whose skin is naturally brown.

Quote:
If thats not bad enough the multiple knot tie-er is LEFT handed.
Woe is me.
I'll still invite you aboard to splice the mainbrace, even if you are right handed. ;-)
Old 30-06-2010, 20:42   #40

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Thumbs down Vice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
I'm not certain I agree with you here. A case in point: we have a large counter separating the galley and the dinette that is wasted space about 99% of the time. Being a pragmatist at heart, I've proposed that we install a medium-sized bench vice on that counter so that my boat projects can be conducted with greater efficiency and thus be less disruptive of life aboard. How's that for sensitive? But she refuses even to discuss the possibilities.
A man must have his vice. Some of us have multiple vice(s). A woman will let you know that your vice is a sign of poor character. You have attempted to display your vice in the galley, thinking you were in the saloon (salon?). I can only imagine the censure you have endured.

Todd
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 21:32   #41

Location: San Diego, California - Read about our circumnavigation at www.rutea.com
Boat: Contest 48
Since Ruthie and I have been together for over 35 years and cruising together, off and on, for the last 15 years, we've learned to choose our fights carefully. Of course, she has a far better memory than I do but her spatial relations are poor and her mechanical aptitude is worse. I can be terribly impatient while she can remain calm and pleasant in even the most frustrating of circumstances. She will often want to know why something is happening whereas I'm much more likely to try to find a solution immediately (on our recent cruise to the Sea of Cortez, we did get into a fight about the weather forecast on one of the ham nets - breaking our rule about getting into a fight over something unimportant - because she wanted me to ask the person delivering the weather forecast why we were going to get another Norther. I said it didn't matter. She said, "JUST DO IT!" and I said, "Do it yourself." which was immature, I admit.)

Perhaps one of the reasons we get along so well is that we're polar opposites on the Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory (she was a psych major as an undergraduate and gave me all the tests as part of her homework). Whatever the reason, being alone together is something we cherish still.

Fair winds and calm seas.
nhschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 21:59   #42
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhschneider View Post
..... we did get into a fight about the weather forecast on one of the ham nets - breaking our rule about getting into a fight over something unimportant - because she wanted me to ask the person delivering the weather forecast why we were going to get another Norther. I said it didn't matter. She said, "JUST DO IT!" and I said, "Do it yourself." which was immature, I admit.)
Reminds me of one of my favorite Bill Cosby Albums….. “Why is there Air?”
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 23:43   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
Curious how us fair skinned people often want to be thoroughly tanned while the opposite is true of those whose skin is naturally brown.
;-)

There is a great British anti aphartheid song artist called Jeremy Taylor, who cut an album that my parents bought way back inthe early 60s

We played it every so often and this song is the one I remember from his 'Ag Pleeze Deddy' album

hope i can get the link in here. Youve got to hear it cos its so hillarious but also shows the differences between us all is similar ie, none at all. We all want to be the same.

open this page and clic on 'Black and White Calypso' then listen to the lyrics. Can I also suggest the rest of his album , specially the 'Ballad of the southern suberbs'

Jeremy Taylor - Music
Old 30-06-2010, 23:56   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minggat View Post
So now, thanks once again to this forum, I have learned of an alternative that at least a couple of forum members have given an inadvertent testimonial to.
Indeed. I'll mention it to SWMBO but by the time we go off she will be in her early 50s it may not be an issue as nature may turn off that particular organ by then.

Mooncups? Hmmmm... I think I preferred my misconceived idea of a bunch of women running around in the nuddy on a hill top under a full moon.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:06   #45
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
Mooncups? Hmmmm... I think I preferred my misconceived idea of a bunch of women running around in the nuddy on a hill top under a full moon.
Yes, and that's another thing. Here's a sobering thought for those of you who think that the female contribution to the reproduction of the human race is simply having coital relations and throwing out a baby every few years...

Every single bloomin' month, we have to deal with hugely bloated bellies, which cause massive pain and hormonal imbalance. To make things worse, this always coincides with the part of the moon cycle when the (generally) male partner turns into a completely intolerable ass.

I think I would also prefer your somewhat slightly "misconceived idea of a bunch of women running around in the nuddy on a hill top under a full moon"!!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote