Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 04:06   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaza Dana View Post
Every single bloomin' month, we have to deal with hugely bloated bellies, which cause massive pain and hormonal imbalance.
Most women of my acquaintance either do not suffer as you do or they are incredibly good at concealing it. To be honest, it's not really the sort of thing I would ask them about.

Quote:
To make things worse, this always coincides with the part of the moon cycle when the (generally) male partner turns into a completely intolerable ass.
I think that's werewolves. What if the partner is female? Can you imagine having two pained and hormonally imbalanced women in a confined space?

Quote:
I think I would also prefer your somewhat slightly "misconceived idea of a bunch of women running around in the nuddy on a hill top under a full moon"!!
At least you'd have some fun and maybe a midnight BBQ as well.

It is generally held to be a truism that "Any day in which you learn something is a good day" so I've had a good day as far as mooncups are concerned.
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:34   #47

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Groups of women sharing the same space do generaly align their cycles after a short while. Must be a throw back to the herd instinct to all calve at once and have safety in numbers.

So keep away from the collectives and convents at full moon.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:13   #48
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Methinks it’s time for a musical interlude…..

Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:20   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintyspilot View Post
Most women of my acquaintance either do not suffer as you do or they are incredibly good at concealing it. To be honest, it's not really the sort of thing I would ask them about.

Well, clearly you've never met me. Every time it's a full day out of my life that I don't get anything done except lay in bed with painkillers and a
heating pad.
Oh, and lucky me, I get hormonal migraines too.
Have to say though, I never thought a discussion of mooncups with a bunch of men would be this entertaining!

Quote:
Is it a woman thing? My wife will walk into a sunlit room and turn the lights on. She and our daughters seem to conspire in turning on every single lightbulb in the house
Can't say that it is. I am the one in our house who is always turning things off. And listening to hubby coming in, flipping on every single light, asking, "How can you read in the dark like that?" (Why can he not understand that if I thought it was dark I would have turned it on myself!)
Hubby and I have each run out of gas exactly once apiece, and were close enough to coast it to the pump when it died.

And AazaDana - you are right on all of it!!
Greasy/dirty engine/mechanical stuff can go in the engine room, or outside. That's IT. We know you don't intend to make a mess, but 2 drops of that gunk on the rug, and we'll be smelling it forever in our living space.
The galley is for cooking. The stuff in the galley is for cooking. The bowls are not for catching oil during a change. The knives are not for scraping the gunk out of the slots in the AC or chiseling the buildup in the head pipes (even if they are the right size). And the vegetable brush is not perfect for scouring ANYTHING BUT FOOD. If you need them, we will happily buy you your own bowl, knife, and scrubbrush.

Oh yeah: I am left-handed. Ever notice how many of us there are in positions of power and celebrity? We are taking over the world.
You have been warned.
Mariness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:05   #50

Boat: Sceptre 41
Quote:
Every single bloomin' month, we have to deal with hugely bloated bellies, which cause massive pain and hormonal imbalance. To make things worse, this always coincides with the part of the moon cycle when the (generally) male partner turns into a completely intolerable ass.
What is the difference between a terrorist and a woman with PMS?

You can negotiate with a terrorist.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46   #51
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Ok… let me pose another question specific to sailing and cruising…..

In what ways do you think it has made you and your partner more the same?
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:12   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariness View Post
Well, clearly you've never met me.
Well, since you live four or five thousand miles to the SW of me.....

Quote:
Every time it's a full day out of my life that I don't get anything done except lay in bed with painkillers and a
heating pad.
But you can multi-task, all women can. My wife assures me that this is true. If one of us blokes gets a headache we have to spend ALL our time experiencing it because we can only single-task. My wife assures me that is true as well and that it explains "Man flu".

Quote:
... if I thought it was dark I would have turned it on myself!)
Hey that's *logical* thought. You can't do that

Quote:
The stuff in the galley is for cooking. The bowls are not for catching oil during a change. The knives are not for scraping the gunk out of the slots in the AC or chiseling the buildup in the head pipes (even if they are the right size). And the vegetable brush is not perfect for scouring ANYTHING BUT FOOD.
What??!!?? You can't serious. The galley is merely a collection of untapped resources for doing "stuff" with. How could it be otherwise?
mintyspilot is offline   Reply With Quote