Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2017, 22:09   #1

Aquamarine foul release

Hi has anyone used this coating, I had it on my boat but I had to clean it so often it really wasn't for me and I had it removed. It did clean off easy though, although if you let the barnacles get too big during summer they do eat through the coating. Has anyone got any info they would like to share. I think the silicone coating was too soft compared to other coatings of this type....your thoughts would be appreciated.
KruiserKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:58   #2
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Re: Aquamarine foul release

If you let barnacles grow on ANY anti fouling or foul release coating, you aren't cleaning it frequently enough.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 15:33   #3

Hi and thanks for your comments. I was having to clean every two weeks in the summer and it just got the better of me. Every time I went up to the boat I knew I would first have to clean the bottom before using it. The winter was better as the growth slowed down in the colder water and cleaning was every 8 weeks so not too bad.
Old 05-09-2017, 15:35   #4
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay

This is not a case of a failed coating, it's a case of unrealistic expectations.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 17:02   #5

Actually, no its not unrealistic expectations.....the guys who sold it to me where very very clear about having to clean it regularly, especially during the warmer summer months and I thought I would be ok with that....however, in reality it is a chore that simply became too much of an issue for me personally....I am not blaming the coating in any way shape or form.
Old 26-09-2017, 14:59   #6

I have since done my own research on the company who supply the product and have talked to people in Singapore, Australia, NZ, the USA, Italy and Turkey and I feel it is my obligation to the marine industry of the world, both professionals and DIY'ers, to warn them about Fresh Formulations, the company behind the Aquamarine frc range of products.
Fresh Formulations, one of the group of companies created by LBS Worldwide, are responsible for much anguish and financial mischief all over the world.
LBS Worldwide are a horticultural company first and foremost and should have kept to selling spades and shovels. They have no knowledge of coatings. No experience in the nuances of application. They have sold product and walk away from any and all warranty claims and there have been many. Their ability to provide real expert technical support is ZERO!! My advice to everyone is to stay well away from these rouges. It is companies like this one that destroy the reputations of technically advanced coatings companies, who are making very real advancements in the coatings arena.
These PRETENDERS have just enough knowledge to make them extremely DANGEROUS!!
In marine terms: GIVE THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR SO CALLED REVOLUTIONARY COATINGS A VERY WIDE BERTH!!
Old 26-09-2017, 15:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
This is not a case of a failed coating, it's a case of unrealistic expectations.

I have since done my own research on the company who supply the product and have talked to people in Singapore, Australia, NZ, the USA, Italy and Turkey and I feel it is my obligation to the marine industry of the world, both professionals and DIY'ers, to warn them about Fresh Formulations, the company behind the Aquamarine frc range of products.
Fresh Formulations, one of the group of companies created by LBS Worldwide, are responsible for much anguish and financial mischief all over the world.
LBS Worldwide are a horticultural company first and foremost and should have kept to selling spades and shovels. They have no knowledge of coatings. No experience in the nuances of application. They have sold product and walk away from any and all warranty claims and there have been many. Their ability to provide real expert technical support is ZERO!! My advice to everyone is to stay well away from these rouges. It is companies like this one that destroy the reputations of technically advanced coatings companies, who are making very real advancements in the coatings arena.
These PRETENDERS have just enough knowledge to make them extremely DANGEROUS!!
In marine terms: GIVE THESE PEOPLE AND THEIR SO CALLED REVOLUTIONARY COATINGS A VERY WIDE BERTH!!

Tags
lease, marine