Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019, 00:01   #1

Boat: In the market for a 2015 - 2020 Hard Top Flybridge 55' - 62'
Best 45-60’ boat for Pacific Northwest

Hi all, I just registered for this forum and this is the first entry I’ve made in any forum so forgive me if I’m in the wrong place or using the wrong terms.

I’m a couple months from making, for me, a pretty significant boat purchase. I’m looking for something in the 45-60’ range, powered, fly bridge with hard top, new or no more than 3 years old, dinghy, 23+ kt cruising speed. I’m in Portland, OR and would keep the boat under cover on the Columbia River. It would mostly be used on the river and would be taken up to the San Juans, BC, or SE Alaska, via the ocean, each summer for about a month.

I’ve been on the water most of my life but never on anything of this size. My experience is limited to my 21’ aluminum fishing boat which I’ve mostly used in the river, along with a few trips over the Columbia River bar. Some of those bar trips have been rough which might provide some measure of good experience.

I’m hoping to get boat recommendations from people who’ve spent time in the areas mentioned above. I’m getting a little overwhelmed by all of the boats online. Any thoughts from the group would be very much appreciated.

Dan

PS, we’re considering name the boat “Adrift”. Considering the true meaning of the word, is that bad juju? I’m mostly kidding but I also don’t ever bring bananas on my boat when fishing so I guess I’m not completely kidding.
Adrifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:28   #2

Re: Best 45-60’ boat for Pacific Northwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrifting View Post
Hi all, I just registered for this forum and this is the first entry I’ve made in any forum so forgive me if I’m in the wrong place or using the wrong terms.

I’m a couple months from making, for me, a pretty significant boat purchase. I’m looking for something in the 45-60’ range, powered, fly bridge with hard top, new or no more than 3 years old, dinghy, 23+ kt cruising speed. I’m in Portland, OR and would keep the boat under cover on the Columbia River. It would mostly be used on the river and would be taken up to the San Juans, BC, or SE Alaska, via the ocean, each summer for about a month.

I’ve been on the water most of my life but never on anything of this size. My experience is limited to my 21’ aluminum fishing boat which I’ve mostly used in the river, along with a few trips over the Columbia River bar. Some of those bar trips have been rough which might provide some measure of good experience.

I’m hoping to get boat recommendations from people who’ve spent time in the areas mentioned above. I’m getting a little overwhelmed by all of the boats online. Any thoughts from the group would be very much appreciated.

Dan

PS, we’re considering name the boat “Adrift”. Considering the true meaning of the word, is that bad juju? I’m mostly kidding but I also don’t ever bring bananas on my boat when fishing so I guess I’m not completely kidding.
Hi Don ,I do have the perfect 68ft Power. Please search on Google Kato 68 for more information. If you are interested contact me by my email ,lubopng@gmail.com Re name: Never re name a boat!
lubopng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, pacific northwest