Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 13:36   #1

Boat: President 41 ADAGIO
Cruisair A/C Units Used Value ?

We've moved our boat from the Southeast to the Northwest and no longer need the Cruisair reverse air/heat units. I'm going to remove them in order to install a Wallas heating system. Anyone know what they might be worth on the used market? I've tried to research prices but have not come up with much. They are probably 15 years old, one a two piece 16,000 btu and the other is the "Stowaway" all in one version unknown btu's but I think around 10-12,000. Both work fine and come with all parts manuals and controls.

Dave
av8djc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 13:46   #2

Boat: 58 Taswell AS
The labe on the top (such as SR-12) will tell you the capacity of the stowaway unit. I need a new evaporation coil for a 12k BTU unit. How much would you sell it for ? Others have been listed for a few hundred; the new coil would be $300 alone + installation.
speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 14:04   #3

Boat: Camano Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8djc View Post
We've moved our boat from the Southeast to the Northwest and no longer need the Cruisair reverse air/heat units. I'm going to remove them in order to install a Wallas heating system. Anyone know what they might be worth on the used market? I've tried to research prices but have not come up with much. They are probably 15 years old, one a two piece 16,000 btu and the other is the "Stowaway" all in one version unknown btu's but I think around 10-12,000. Both work fine and come with all parts manuals and controls.

Dave
My stowaway, 16000 BTU with reverse heat failed after ten years and was unrepairable. It also used a refrigerant that is no longer manufactured and is only available as "reclaimed" from old units.

I wouldn't expect to get much for them. If they are reverse heat units, why not keep them as long as they are working? If needed, you can add electric resistance heat to the units and keep everything intact.
Old 07-08-2010, 14:23   #4

Boat: President 41 ADAGIO
Speciald

Let me get back to you on the coil when I get the size figured out. I know the one is a 16k, and I don't know if the coil from that would work for you, but the stowaway has the label in a tough place and I'll need to pull it first. I'll probably have them out next weekend.

Ron

The answer is they take gobs of power and we anchor 99% of the time so they are worthless. The Wallas will provide heat 24/7 for very minimal power and very light diesel consumption
av8djc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 19:09   #5

Boat: Camano Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8djc View Post

Ron

The answer is they take gobs of power and we anchor 99% of the time so they are worthless. The Wallas will provide heat 24/7 for very minimal power and very light diesel consumption
Understood.
Old 08-08-2010, 16:50   #6
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
A couple hundred bucks at best......don't get your hopes to high as it is used equipment
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruisair