Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 06:46   #1

Fuel in Helena AR

I'm considering a trip from Memphis down to the Arkansas river via the White River and up the Ar for as far as my 50' Bluewater Coastal (twin Crusader 350s) can go. Plenty of marinas and fuel (gasoline) available on the Ar river, but the return leg from the mouth of the White river back up to Memphis is problematic. It's 130 miles and we're talking 5mph ground speed against a 5-7mph current (in low water season) and 2 gallons/mile fuel burn for the 130 miles back us the Ms river. Last fuel stop in Ar is Pine bluff (70 miles from the mouth of the White) so in order to feel comfortable I'm going to need to get gas in Helena AR. Has anyone on this forum ever gotten fuel in Helena or anywhere between the mouth of the White River and Memphis?

I realize that it will be quite a while before the damage from the floods are repaired on the Ar river.

Thanks
Tcheairs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel