Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 18:48   #46

Boat: Cruisers Yachts 420 Express
Send a message via ICQ to jeremiason Send a message via Yahoo to jeremiason Send a message via Skype™ to jeremiason
Re: Searay or Cruisers boats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Can you tell me why you are moving from a sailboat as they are still on my list of a possible boat?
7.5 years living on sailboats, including three years of fulltime cruising Mexico and Central America it was time to get back on land. We found a home in Southwest Florida.

My current boat is more than we need now and frankly is too big for Southwest Florida.

We still want to do the ICW at least to the Chesapeake and maybe the other direction to New Orleans. A trawler would be better for that.

jeremiason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 13:11   #47

Boat: 2018 Seadoo GTX 230

Just looked at an 1979 Albin 43 Trawler. I found the top side aft portion of the boat to be less user friendly than I want since the aft portion is raised for the master bedroom. With the raised aft it was not going to be easy to get into or out of the water when swimming or diving.

Looked at a 40' Fountain - cabin was really uncomfortable.

Looked at a 1993 35' Sabreline trawler. This was the best boat so far but it also had a downside. Only bedroom was in the V-berth and wow, had a tiny bathroom.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1402690226327.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	83018

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2014, 04:58   #48

Boat: 43' Albin Sundeck

From the picture it looks like a Classic design, this would be an easier boat to get in and out of from the stern, than a sundeck.
I will remind you that a boat is a series of compromises, give here, take there. IF you are going to spend a lot of time diving and using the boat for that then of course you want good access.
We have a Albin 43' Sundeck which because of where we keep the dingy, on the swim platform blocking the ladder, we get on the boat while swimming using a ladder on the port side deck entry (we also use this ladder while in our slip with a fixed dock).
IF you want to consider your wifes comfort (your FIRST point) then this boat would meet those needs (there is a lot of living space and good size master stateroom) and you'd make modifications to meet other needs.
Keep looking, it's part of the fun, and you'll find your boat.
Good luck.
Nepidae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruise, cruiser