Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Powered Boats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2012, 09:04   #16

Re: Taking a powered cruiser down to La Paz, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
If you want a boat in La Paz, you might want to consider purchasing a boat in La Paz. There are currently 81 boats listed for sale in La Paz on YachtWorld.

Boats for sale - www.yachtworld.com

Something else you might think about is how you'll sell the boat when you decide you want something different. I spend a lot of time in BCS, and most of the power boats I see down there are fishing boats. A Sea Ray isn't going to be as attractive on the local market as a small sportsfisherman.
Oh I dont know... all the drug cartels have families growing up now, they need to buy toys for their kids!

Cheechako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 09:57   #17

Actually it's my understanding that all the drug cartel bosses own property (and maybe live) in the La Paz area. But on the flip-side, I heard they also don't sh*t where they eat, so to speak, and because it doesn't make logistical sense to traffic drugs through the Baja California peninsula, it's pretty safe in that area.

My family owns a condo in Paraiso Del Mar, which a new development on the El Mogote peninsula overlooking La Paz - so, I've been going down there fairly frequently over the last few years, and I've had this dream to own a boat there for just as long. I recently had some very positive career changes take place, and after doing the math, I'm expecting to be able to move forward with the purchase in the next 18 months. I just want to make sure I saturate myself with knowledge, experience, and safety long before I even start looking for the boat.

I took a look at some of the boats for sale there, and some of them are close to the style of boat / price range I'm looking for, but nothing that's an exact fit yet. However, it's very possible that one might be on the market when I actually start looking. If not, then I'll be prepared to find one close to the border and have it hauled down there.
contract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 08:24   #18

Boat: Willard 40PH trawler, ALOHA

I am in La Paz with my boat right now. It is a wonderful, peaceful, and quiet area with lots of activities. I highly recommend purchasing the boat you want in La Paz. There is a lot to choose from in the style you are looking for. Come down before it gets too hot. You won't be able to bring a Sea Ray down of the type you want on its own bottom.
alohaboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruiser, la paz, Mexico