Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2017, 10:58   #1

Kroatian "B" Boat license

Just got my kroatian license b now I still need "C"!

Cost: 360 €
I had 3 lessons with a retired Captain in Kroatian, German and English. And I don't speak Kroatian! Lol ( I'm a german/english native speaker) my wife came along and he taught her along go free (she didn't do the test). It was a lot of fun! And almost everything is new to us.

Basically the lessons compiled of;
Reading a Kroatian seechart. Depth, colours abrvs in kroatian , flashing markers, cardinal direction warn markers.
Finding a position on the map, distance reading. Bearing reading using on-map compass, by sliding to course triangles along the chart.

Plus boat light combinations in the dark , collision avoidance rules. Basic radio knowledge.

So here we are wracking or brains leading everything..... then I walk in to the exam
First the guy asks what I work.. I tell him carpenter ... his eyes twinkle and then he asks me if I were Jewish!

I'm like ... no!! Then he says that with my blue eyes , beard, and long hair , that I look like Jesus [emoji16] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji16]
So he asks me like 5 things.... and to tell him one coordinate and he points at exactly where lat and long crossed.
Then the next guy asks me three like combos out of like 15 combinations. Two yield manouver and 3 questions I was finished 15 minutes tops.

We learned for are safety as well but the test was a little too easy....

How much did I pay????
Are ya sitting down
360 €
WilliErnszt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:06   #2

Re: Kroatian "B" Boat license

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliErnszt View Post

I had 3 lessons with a retired Captain in Kroatian, German and English. And I don't speak Kroatian! Lol ( I'm a german/english native speaker) my wife came along and he taught her along go free (she didn't do the test). It was a lot of fun! And almost everything is new to us.

Reading a Kroatian seechart. Depth, colours abrvs in kroatian , flashing markers, cardinal direction warn markers.
Finding a position on the map, distance reading. Bearing reading using on-map compass, by sliding to course triangles along the chart.

Plus boat light combinations in the dark , collision avoidance rules. Basic radio knowledge.

So here we are wracking or brains leading everything..... then I walk in to the exam
First the guy asks what I work.. I tell him carpenter ... his eyes twinkle and then he asks me if I were Jewish!

I'm like ... no!! Then he says that with my blue eyes , beard, and long hair , that I look like Jesus [emoji16] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji16]
So he asks me like 5 things.... and to tell him one coordinate and he points at exactly where lat and long crossed.
Then the next guy asks me three like combos out of like 15 combinations. Two yield manouver and 3 questions I was finished 15 minutes tops.

How much did I pay????
Are ya sitting down
360 €
Click image for larger version

Name:	1486667184320.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	140936Click image for larger version

Name:	1486667195647.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	140937
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliErnszt View Post

How much did I pay????
Are ya sitting down
360 €
WilliErnszt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, license