Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2020, 06:32   #16
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Re: 2 spectra Watermakers how to best use them???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVSAVANNAH View Post
Tellie, you are correct, I was referring to the piston rod, and it is more of a shiny white. This unit was in a boat built 20 years ago, it was either never used or only a few times as demonstration, but not sure when it was put in. I am remote and don't have quick access to parts. Do you suggest any action before running it? Maybe take apart the clark pump, clean and lube?

I think for my needs just adding the extra feed pump is the most useful thing to me. As the 10% pump can make more water with more feed volume and pressure, are there alternative feed pump options? I would want to sell the other water maker, but with out a feed pump it is not usable. I see that the larger units use a single vane pump, is there a possibility of setting up an extra raw water engine pump I have to an appropriately sized electric motor. It seems to me it is just a matter of flow and pressure, do you have any practical advice on achieving this using more commonly available parts? Or pitfalls to avoid. I could then keep the 2 surerflo pumps and suggest alternatives to potential buyers.

If the rod is white, this may not be a good sign. Can you send me a picture of the rod? I would also like you to go ahead and just pull it out. If you see brown in the middle then there is a problem with this being stored in the wrong pickling solution.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, watermaker