Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2013, 21:50   #16

Boat: Mac 26X
Re: A Self Contained Waste Water Treatment Plant On-board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
Rain Dog- hi handsome fancy meeting you here
Get a ROOM!!!!!!!!!!

I have a name I need to send you guys. A guy needs a yard recomendation in your area.

I also want to pop in and say hi when I pass through Port A in April. Are you guys in a marina there?
Old 14-03-2013, 22:16   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatoGordo View Post
Get a ROOM!!!!!!!!!!
Leave it to my (perfect) wife to get romantic in a sewage thread.

Quote:
I have a name I need to send you guys. A guy needs a yard recomendation in your area.
Self service or full service?

Quote:
I also want to pop in and say hi when I pass through Port A in April. Are you guys in a marina there?
We are in Island Moorings marina.
RainDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2013, 22:26   #18

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Heck yeah! My husband cooks a killer king crabs legs, and i can make my famous homemade pasta, pasta salad. We are baby sitting the beginning of April, but will be around late April :-)
Party at Rain Dogs :-)

Though we have never used them, the house of boats has a good rep and reasonable prices. Neat place, rustic, people from all over come to refit or to put on truck to trasport. We plan to haul out there soon, we may end up being neighbors with your friend :-)

Cheers,
Mrs. Rain Dog
Old 14-03-2013, 22:38   #19

Boat: Mac 26X

Quote:
Heck yeah! My husband cooks a killer king crabs legs, and i can make my famous homemade pasta, pasta salad. We are baby sitting the beginning of April, but will be around late April :-)
Party at Rain Dogs :-)

Though we have never used them, the house of boats has a good rep and reasonable prices. Neat place, rustic, people from all over come to refit or to put on truck to trasport. We plan to haul out there soon, we may end up being neighbors with your friend :-)

Cheers,
Mrs. Rain Dog
Well then I'll provide my world famous ice cold beer. What is the prefference among the Rain Dog clan?

I'm embarassed to say I can't find the guys info It's a friend of a friend.

I'll PM you guys when Im getting that way. I'm taking the month of April off completely and doing the TX coast, hopefully all the way to Port I. Unless I find a hot fishing spot and just stay ;-) Even though I've seen the whole coast at various times, it's been in small boats camp-sailing. Going in luxury this time

And in relation to this thread, during that month I'll be happily using my very large capacity composter with optional urine collection or overboard drain.
Old 15-03-2013, 11:15   #20

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Jackson View Post
Google Peggie Hall, she wrote the book on boat odors and waste systems. Why reinvent the wheel?
Ordered the book today from amazon. Researching hours upon hours on the Internet, live aboard for 20 years, don't know why I resisted buying the dang book for so long!
So I place the book in the holding tank and it will keep odors away? Or does it convert waste to fresh water? Just kidding Peggie!

Erika
Old 18-03-2013, 21:00   #21

Boat: Newport 28 & Robalo 20

Quote:

Cheers,
Mrs. Rain Dog

Howdy, we'll be neighbors for a while then, slipped nearby.
I'll give a qualified rec for the Rockport House of Boats at Cove Harbor (dang, they had a pretty good website but it seems not working ATT), they worked on my boat (before I bought it, I was told by PO), and it appears well done.
There is another haulout yard with a travelall catty-corner, near the SW corner/just off 35 and an ACND small boat ramp (not the ramps across the parking lot from HoB), forgot the name of it.
Another recc goes to Gatewood Service and Repair, 105 Cove Harbor South, Rockport, TX; Gatewood did a small job (so far) for me and handled it well. Gatewood is a Yanmar dealer too (and more too, although I'll guess most of their jobs are outboard fishing boats).
There are other shops in the Cove Harbor too, have heard a few good things so far on the dockvine, but I haven't been around that long.
Lots of others in the Coastal Bend area too, from Fulton, Rockport to Aransas Pass/PA/CC/Ingleside, etc., but I can't comment ;].
Tx J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2013, 21:40   #22

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"

Gordo, please look us up too, we are in the City Marina. Rain Dog and Erika, I KNOW we need to meet up.

BTW, we are installing a Purasan unit, and will have it completed this weekend. Also, we have NO SMELL from either of our toilets or holding tank. We use a product called Enviro Tabs, that... I've had a hard time finding anymore. I need to look at the canister we have on the boat. You are WELCOME to try it - it works VERY well. Anytime we notice an odor on board, I'm sure to say "carp - forgot the powder for the holding tank...". Within a few hours, the smell is gone.
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 18:06   #23

Boat: Jefferson Motoryacht 45' Whatever!

bstreep, wondering what you think of the Purasan. We are considering that system as well
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 13:20   #24

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever View Post
bstreep, wondering what you think of the Purasan. We are considering that system as well
We installed it a couple of months ago. Installation took a weekend and several trips to the store. It does take up a bit of space. The new design is much better and easier to install. I would suggest a dry run before installing.

The tablets are available WAY cheaper elsewhere. It's Sanuril. You can buy 25lbs for $150. About 80 tablets. Versus $50 for 6 from defender.
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 17:55   #25

Boat: Jefferson Motoryacht 45' Whatever!

A dry run? That amount of tablets for that price sounds much better!Main question are you glad you put this in?
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water