Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2020, 13:06   #16

Re: Another Toilet Thread - MSD questions

Power Consumption
One complete cycle uses about 1 1/2 to 2 kilowatt hours of electricity. Because you can use INCINOLET any time during
the cycle, your “per use” cost is lower.

During a Power Failure
If waste is burning in the INCINOLET when the electric service is interrupted, you may get smoke and odor in the room.
Open a window to ventilate as best you can. When power comes back on, the fan should start automatically, if needed,
and run until unit is cool enough. Heater does not come on until you push the button. You can push foot pedal to check
contents of ashpan then start a cycle if needed.

https://incinolet.com/wp-content/upl...let-Manual.pdf

This is a power hog @ 1- 1,5 KW per cycle and I don´t see this without shore power
However with shore power I think it could be a good option for some one spending lot´s of time living on board in the marina.

Now if You have 2 heads then power might not be such an issue as You only use it being close to shore and You always have a choice.
Old 04-05-2020, 13:40   #17

Boat: Lagoon 410

If you remove your existing tanks, I would like to have them.
lagoon410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 14:03   #18

Boat: None at present--between vessels. Ex Piver Loadstar 12.5 metres

The thing to remember with electric heads and remote holding tanks is the amount of extra water one must use to keep the pipes clear of macerated waste and paper. Waste pipes need to be plastic and of fairly large diameter--so that means a LOT of extra water to store. Those smaller tanks close to the heads were designed properly. If you want to pump them out into a larger receptacle elsewhere, that brings up separate in line pump and I would suggest macerator pump at that, and you STILL have the flushing problem after each use--but not flushed as frequently so much less water used and needing to be stored.

Lectrasan uses quite a bit of power in producing chlorine from the elctrolysis of the sea water, (when sailing in fresh water you have to add salt) which is why I would never use that system unless I intended to be offshore a great deal. For coastal sailing I would use a Sani-Loo or some similar system using swimming pool chlorine liquid and adding it automatically as needed with each flush.
Mike Banks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oil