Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2024, 08:02   #31

Re: Best fresh water pump

I’d spend the money and get a Whale diaphragm pump. OK to run dry
davidarandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2024, 08:16   #32

Re: Best fresh water pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorlou View Post
I have had a Jabsco Sensor-Max VSD Model 31750 on my boat for over 25 years and have never had a problem with this pump and it is still going strong. I have lived aboard my boat for those 25 years. The pump is a quad chamber 3.7 GPM 35 PSI unit that does not require an expansion tank. Unfortunately this pump has been discontinued. I searched the web to find it's replacement. The one recommended is the XYLEM Flojet R4426143A. They sell it on Amazon for $335.21.
I have installed the VSD on two different cruising boats that we full time cruised. Totally agree, the best pump ever. Never had an issue with it. Sorry they are not making them. That makes no sense. Did they need to replace it with one that does break down?? NO need for accumulators with this style pump. Truly variable speed only supplying the water that the demand asks for. It did accurately sense the amount asked for. Smooth and quiet too. They weren’t cheap but it this case you got more than you paid for. Also in the three hundreds cost. Never a problem in decades of constant daily use, and we were in the crewed charter business so it got LOTS of use. As did our La Vac head that NEVER broke or needed maintenance. We had guest flush Bounty paper towels and Dryer anti- static sheets through it!
merrydolphin is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump