Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2009, 20:25   #16

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Scotte, how did ya plumb it? I am concerned about stressing the fitting area. Is it vented? do you use pump out?
I am placing it in a v shaped locker behind the head, I think the biggest challenge will lining the hoses up so they dont stress/pull on the bladder. Did you fill the bladder with water before choosing the fitting sites?
Thanks
Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2009, 08:42   #17

Boat: Privilege 39
I put in 3 fittings - one 1+1/2" from the head, one 1+1/2" that immediately Ts to pump-out+macerator, one 5/8" (or 3/4" can't remember) for vent. If orientation is flat/horizontal there's already a threaded fitting in the middle you can use for the vent. Not sure that fittings size and type though.

Making sure the discharge is at the bottom can be tricky, but they make a specific fitting that helps with that. In my case it's in a vertical space, with discharge at the bottom, so I didn't use the special fitting. It doesn't fully empty when pumped out, but that hasn't really been a problem for us considering this was a step up from an 8 gallon tank.

Yep, it's vented. While vents are not as effective for bladders, you've still really got to have one. It also will provide pressure relief just in case...

I didn't fill it first, I just sort of layed it out and figured out how it would all go. Putting in the fittings is a bit tricky and took four hands. Once you get the first one figured out, the rest go pretty quick. Note that if you fill it first you have to find a way to get the water back out as it'll need to be empty+dry to put in the fittings (and you probably want to do it someplace where you've got room to work anyway).

I lined the hull with some rubber mat from the hardware store just to provide some cushion against any pointy bits from fiberglass or whatever.
scotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
holding tank