Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2022, 02:13   #31

Boat: custom trawler catamaran 50 feet
Re: cancer with spring valves seawatermaker pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamaiden View Post
Please be civil in your posts. Reading through this particular correspondence flow, there are unnecessary snide and even angry posts. It matters not whether English is your first language or second or third; it matters not whether you have years of sailing experience and experience with the particular subject matter or you are new in the arena. It is crucial that everyone remain civil and respectful in their tone. Being sarcastic, angry, nasty or intolerant is not acceptable.
Sorry if I hurt you but it was only to advise CF members that selling a product that is not for human drinking water is not commercial this is not civil and respecful .......
rapanui 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:55   #32
CLOD

Boat: none

wonder what the goal of this thread really is
Old 05-02-2022, 06:44   #33

You didn't hurt my feelings in the least. If that is what you understood me to be saying then you missed my point entirely. I'm not talking about what you were trying to say. I'm talking about the form, the style, the manner in which you wrote it. It matters that you express yourself in a civil and respectful manner. When someone communicates their opinions in an angry, rude manner, the result is to alienate those they are communicating to (readers, listeners). Anger and rudeness is simply divisive, unpleasant and uncivilized. It is possible to express distress, feeling upset or even angry in a way which is still polite, and if that is done, then people are far more likely to hear what is being said or written. Form and content make a whole in communication, whether spoken or written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapanui 2 View Post
Sorry if I hurt you but it was only to advise CF members that selling a product that is not for human drinking water is not commercial this is not civil and respecful .......
Old 05-02-2022, 10:34   #34
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Thanks Mom, but the one thing I can say with total confidence is that this board has some of the best moderators of any similar type of board on the Internet. They do and always have done a phenomenal job. They have many ropes they play out, some shorter than others. Long ones for which color one's hull should be and much shorter ones for anchor and gun threads. Over the years I have been on the bitter end of a few of those ropes myself. But a great job they do indeed. As far as the OP, I was in no way insulted or offended. I like to believe I'm imperviable to just simple words, regardless of their arrangement to offend. Instead, I am a serious believer in hearing all the words uncensored that come from all people. I like to also believe that my sensitivities have long ago matured to the point beyond being insulted by words from someone who is obviously upset or frustrated. With all due respect, I appreciate your intents but, in my opinion, going down the road of protecting people from others less than polite speech ends up with a well uniformed people making decisions with only half the story.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 11:04   #35
CLOD

I really lost believe in anything on this thread after the chicken post got to remain.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:52   #36

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhwa View Post
Perhaps much of the problem indicated above is associated with regulatory gems like California Prop 65 (https://oehha.ca.gov/proposition-65/...proposition-65).

Prop 65 claims to offer citizens "information" to "make informed decisions about their exposures to these chemicals".

In fact, Prop 65 largely offers paralysis, since nearly any substance you eat or drink as well as the equipment used to prepare them, will contain known cancer-causing chemicals listed under Prop 65. Some of these chemicals are ubiquitous, and many are naturally-occurring. Pb is just one of over 900 listed.

Prop 65 bureaucrats finally did decide that individual coffee cups didn't need Prop 65 labels on them, even though coffee always contains chemicals listed under Prop 65. Hamburgers and steaks, too. In all likelihood, probably any item you eat or drink will contain some, depending on the ability of analytical equipment to quantify or detect it.

Anyone up for a "cold one" after a long day of sailing...bad idea "Alcoholic beverages are on the Proposition 65 list because they can cause cancer. Consuming alcoholic beverages increases the risk of cancers of the mouth, throat, voice box, esophagus, liver, breast, colon and rectum."

I wonder if the reluctance of water filter and purification system manufacturers to list their systems as providing drinking water stems partly from the legal peril they face under Prop 65 in making any such claim.
In California, air causes cancer.

They have been the boy crying wolf for many years. If this is a California label I would ignore.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:43   #37

Boat: Formosa 30 ketch

I was applying gopher poison using an applicator probe, and noticed a prop 65 warning concerning a small brass screw, but not the fact that the damn thing was filled with POISON! Drill bits and end mills also carry the warning. Does anybody eat end mills?
California voters shouldn't be allowed within a mile of a polling place.
Bill Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:37   #38

Hello my friends, this is Mike from seawater Pro, if you don't read anything on the internet or the media, you are probably uninformed, if you do, then you're probably misinformed.

1. We have nothing to do with this supplier you found on the internet, we buy direct from the factory under different specification.

2. I do not recognize your name and I do't recall ever having shipped anything to Trinidad. Kindly send us your invoice, with your request for a different check valve of your choice. If you are concerned about the check valves, all you have to do is email us at info@SeaWaterPro.com and we will ship you a check valve from our compliant source. You have not obtained the name of our supplier and inevitably you have published inaccurate not fact checked information.

3. Thousands of PVC check valves are being sold for drinking water, you can search on Amazon PVC checkvalves pipes and fittings for drinking water.

4. The 316 stainless spring does not contain lead, we purchase direct from the factory and they use a spring that has no lead identical to other products that contain no lead as seen here. Because the spring has no lead is not as resistant to corrosion but we are fully compliant with California prop 65. A good example of a prop 65 compliant spring can be found here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B95UJTC/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_RH6X4KXSHN503GHXCPG3?_encod ing=UTF8&psc=1

5. If you are concerned about your check valves, all you have to do is email us at info@SeaWaterPro.com and we will ship you any brand of check valve you prefer.

6. One more thing, the membrane is capable of separating the salt molecule from the water, lead in other plastic contaminants are too big and will not go through the membrane.

Long story short, our product is fully compliant with prop 65.

Regards
Mike
seawaterpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:39   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapanui 2 View Post
I just stated that for years he sold chinese membranes housing and chinese motors to numerous customers, and now that he proposes exclusively his blue membrane housing and leeson motors he says that the original equipment he used were I quote "chinese junk" his terms that were removed from his website quite recently... So to conclude we customers were his guinee pigs for years !!!
You sound just like one of my competitors, if you're unhappy with your purchase please return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
seawaterpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 01:45   #40
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

Good morning Sir, I don't know if you heard me but I just hollered over there "Good Morning" Look what time it is. Your hours are as bad as mine. Best Regards J.T.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 03:46   #41
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, seawaterpro

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 04:52   #42
CLOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawaterpro View Post
You sound just like one of my competitors, if you're unhappy with your purchase please return it for a full refund, no questions asked.
I wouldn't worry about it. Doubt anyone one here really thinks much about this thread and and if they do you wouldn't want their business anyway. I am only reading as entertainment where the joke is on the OP.

Tags
water, watermaker