Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2024, 00:40   #1

Boat: Simpson Cloud 12
Cleaning condenser coils of Danfoss Isotherm refrigeration kit

I've got 2 Danfoss Isotherm compressor units that run my fridge and freezer. I turned off and emptied the freezer yesterday to get all the water out and turned the system on this morning. The compressor ran for 8 hours straight. I took a look at the fins around the condenser (I had to look down the fan intake) and noticed quite a bit of dust accumulated in the fins.

Reading about the units, it seems like Danfoss says to clean the unit with soapy water. My condenser is in a plastic housing though. Would that be alright if I shot compressed air down the intake fan (not upside down) to clear the dust into the cavity the compressor sits in (where I can then clean it up)?

Sorry that the picture is upside down. I tried inverting it, but it still shows up upside down. The fins are on the bottom right hand side of the picture, in the black box thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3380.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	403.3 KB
ID:	290677  
workmaster2n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2024, 01:47   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Cleaning condenser coils of Danfoss Isotherm refrigeration kit

Ours is 15 years old, never thought of cleaning the fins. Another job to the list
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning, isotherm, oil, refrigeration