Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-09-2022, 12:16   #1

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Cruisair reading 99 degrees

I have a 16,000 btu cruisair unit in my master suite. About a week ago, it started doing something I haven't seen before. When I turn it on, the control panel reads the room temp, i.e. 75 degrees. The deisred temp is 68 degrees, so, the AC starts to cool. The drop in temperature is updating normally. Then after a couple of hours or so, I check the temperature on the panel and it is 99 degrees. the AC unit is barely blowing, and isn't cooling at all.

When this happens, I've looked at the AC unit. it is not frozen up... the temperature in the AC compartment is the same as the ambient temperature in the room. The filter has just recently been cleaned, and today I had the whole system blown out. I also changed out the control panel.

The most obvious thing to point out, is that the temperature at the control panel is completely accurate at start up, and cool down. Just completely wrong after a couple hours, and the system needs to be shut down for at least 6-8 hours for the temp reading to return to the ambient temp.

I'm at a loss. Can anyone recommend anything to do? I'm hoping it's not the board that is wrong because you can't get replacement boards any longer...
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2022, 13:09   #2

Re: Cruisair reading 99 degrees

Find your temperature sensor...mine is under the settee with the unit. Make sure it is not near or touching anything that can get hot. The thermostat controller is just a controller; the temperature it is displaying is likely somewhere else in your boat.
JEB
Jebtrois is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2022, 13:37   #3

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Re: Cruisair reading 99 degrees

I know where it is. It is in the compartment with the AC unit. It is 12"+ away from the AC. Nothing is near it or touching it.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruisair