Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2020, 09:34   #1

Custom fittings for General Ecology Nature Pure

Hi all,
I am trying to move the GE Nature Pure filter and Shureflo pump in my 4x4 - apologies for intruding on your marine forum, but you guys seem to really know your stuff in this area!
The new area I am moving my pump to is height restricted so I need to find elbow joints to attach to the top of the filter body.
GE themselves gave me the specs for their Seagull system (not the Nature Pure that I have), and that combined with my inexperience of international pipe thread systems means I'm stuck.
Do any of you know what size the connectors are on this filter body? The info from GE on the Seagull was:
"The specs on SeagullŽIV systems are 9/16-24 threads (3/8 compression fitting)"

I'd love to find some standard fittings so I can get away from having to use their expensive plastic hoses. Do I just need to find 3/8 inch compression thread elbow joints (female to male) and that's it?! Is there any reason for sticking to the GE plastic hoses? Maybe a 3/8" compression female threaded elbow which has the other end as a barbed connector would allow me more flexibility?

Thanks,
Col
colmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 00:47   #2
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
Re: Custom fittings for General Ecology Nature Pure

I always thought the SeaGull systems used the standard supply lines you can find at ant Home Depot.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:07   #3

Re: Custom fittings for General Ecology Nature Pure

thanks @tellie.

GE have at least come back to me now and confirmed their Nature Pure system, like I have, uses the same fittings as their Seagull systems.

My further reading tells me:
- compression threads are international - NPT vs BSP isn't a concern
- I need a plastic elbow to fit onto the filter body as the connector is plastic - never use metal, apparently, which makes sense

Am I right with both?

Where would you go online to buy these fittings? I can order from a US site if needed.

Thanks,
Col
colmonty is offline   Reply With Quote