Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2024, 07:56   #1

Boat: 1990 Nonsuch 30
Dometic macerator pump noise

Hello,

My boat came with a Dometic toilet and macerator pump and I'm trying to tell if it's operating normally. It seems quite loud for a pump but this is my first time ever hearing a macerator, so trying to understand if this is normal or it needs servicing.

Here is a short video of the sound:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/k7cWBy2MjzHwsMe59

Thank you!
mattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 10:39   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38.1
Re: Dometic macerator pump noise

I can’t comment on the noise, because I only know the one on my boat. Once I had a loud noise too and the pump stopped working. I took it apart to find beer can tab stuck in it.

Maybe take it apart too? Take pictures of it before you do, that always helps me to get it back the way it came out.
Sam Woodbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 11:27   #3

Boat: Sceptre 41

Ours was loud and problematic... we got rid of it and replaced with a diaphragm pump
sv_pelagia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2024, 14:01   #4
Marine Service Provider

That sounds like a electric macerating toilet running dry (no water going through it). Much of that will "fry" the impellers in it.

You're in Seattle...Call Marine Sanitation and Supply ('"Marine-San") 800-624-9111--the most helpful Dometic dealer in the country! And I recommend you be on the boat when you do, so you'll be able to provide model name/number I suspect you have one of Dometic's "MasterFlush" toilets. Ask for Leah. The toilet should have come with instructions..apparently not. She should be able to provide them and will explain how it works, how it should be plumbed and how to use and maintain it.

Tell her "Hi" from me.

--Peggie
peghall is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise, pump