Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2017, 05:03   #1

Electric Toilet Pump Not Working

Looking for assistance with my 2 month old still new Jabsco electric toilet flush pump. It is not running at all when I press the 'suck down only' switch in the heads-the water in the bowl just spins around without going down, the pump does not run at all. When I press the third button-'suck down and fill with water simultaneously' it fills with water as normal but still doesn't go down, only in this case the pump does run.The macerator is clean and running fine. When I press the 'fill with water' switch this works perfectly. All the piping and inside of the toilet is clean and not clogged with anything.
Put a multimeter to the wires both on the pump and to the wires on the switch buttons and both give me a good reading-12v or slightly higher. The pump is still only two months old and all the wiring is correct, this problem randomly occurred a few days ago out of the blue. This is on a Leopard 48.
So basically the pump is running with power but not sucking the water down as normal. Desperately looking for any help here, it will be greatly appreciated.
Josh Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 06:11   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Electric Toilet Pump Not Working

Sounds like a failed discharge impeller. Give Jabsco tech support a call--their toilet guy is Paul Campagna 978-282-5246.

Since your toilet is only a few months it's still under warranty.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 08:33   #3

How old are your hoses? Salt water flush?
Recall jabsco discharge hose is <1.5", so prone to clogging from calcification. Going into a holding tank? If so check vemy hose not plugged. Both these things will cause symptoms you describe and not be the head's fault
bvander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 08:49   #4

Boat: Privilege 435

Open the sea-cock?
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2017, 10:09   #5
Marine Service Provider

He says he's checked the hoses. It's never a bad idea to check the tank vent, but if it were a blocked tank vent or a clogged hose, the toilet would try to push bowl contents out, but would run into back pressure. It's not doing that...and, he'd have seen signs--sluggish discharge, backups and "burping"--that the system was becoming pressurized before it got so bad that bowl contents can't move. Plus the motor decides not to run sometimes. All that indicates to me that the toilet is the problem.
peghall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 17:48   #6

Boat: Sabre 402

This is why we have a handle on ours.
psk125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, oil